ad: elecraft

CQWW 160m band segment violations

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like a typical night on 75m to me.

K5RX likes this.
  2. VR2BG

VR2BG Ham Member QRZ Page

1810 is bottom of band in R1!

That looks to be from the IARU R1 band plan, not relevant to this (also not relevant for anyone as IARU band plans have no authority anywhere).

Amateur service allocations come from ITU RR, its Table of Frequencies you can find here: http://life.itu.ch/radioclub/rr/rindex.htm

Law/regs in all places other than likes of the BVs & P5s of the world come from the ITU RR. No country will allow its amateurs to do anything beyond what can be found in the RR; many restrict their amateurs from doing everything that is allowed by the RR (USA is example of this).

To operate <1810 in R1 is completely out of the band, would be like operating <1800 from R2 or R3. No R1 country appears to allow its amateurs to operate 1800-1810, for very clear reason & given which service is allocated 1800-1810, for R1 amateurs to operate there is a serious issue - more than just a breach of local regulations or non-conformity with ITU RR (quiz: why is this?).

ex-VR2BG/p.

3. K4YZ

K4YZ Guest

I'm curious as to how you find operating outside one's authorized bands as "trivial."

Very interesting.

But this is, afterall, an Amateur Radio website, and these columns are for the discussion of matters related to Amateur Radio topics.

If you care to discuss your health, the love of your family, kindness of friends (unless it's fellow Amateurs assisting you with a radio-related project), or your neighbors, perhaps a forum on a 'Martha Stewart' sponsored website would be more to your liking. You obviously have a problem with discussing Amateur Radio on this Amateur Radio forum.

Chances are if you spend the next 12 years parked in front of your flat screen, you'll hardly be in any physical or mental condition to participate in this or any other forum.

Now...that having been said, I don't suppose you have anything meaningful or germane to contribute to the VALID content of the thread, do you?

Steve, K4YZ

4. K4YZ

K4YZ Guest

I think this is a great idea...!

Sponsors of major contests should designate "umpire" monitors, and any station that exceeds the parameters of the contest's rules and/or his/her national allocations either earns a penalty or disqualification.

I would disagree with any suggestion that stations working the offenders should be peanlized, though, unless they are in the same country and would know better. That would require that each and every participant in every country had every other country's Amateur regulations on hand, and that's hardly practical.

Steve, K4YZ

5. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

get a life

you guys need to seriosuly get a life.. no one anywhere on the planet cares about the 160 meter band...

6. K4VWS

K4VWS Ham Member QRZ Page

160 meters

Apparently some people do....:rolleyes:

7. LA4RT

LA4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't disagree with your main point about 160m. But what you're writing here isn't strictly true. For example, my own country - Norway - has several ham frequency allocations beyond those in ITU-RR: A 500 kHz band, a non-channelized 60m band, and an expanded 12m band.

Jon LA4RT

8. G4ATA

G4ATA Ham Member QRZ Page

160m out of band?

You guys should think yourselves lucky that you're not in Europe! Some of the operators here are shocking! :mad:

9. W2IRT

W2IRT Guest

Just out of curiosity, what is allocated in that 10 kHz window in region 1?

10. AC0HD

AC0HD Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/Hambands_color.pdf

I suppose there are other references out there but as a lifemember of ARRL, this is what I refer to and have posted in my shack.

I did not have the opportunity to participate in this contest because I had real world business to take care of but had I participated, I would most likely have referred to the above chart taken directly from ARRL to assure I was within frequency limits. That chart clearly shows 'phone and data' open for the entire 1800-2000 band. If that is incorrect then post the corrected version.

Once official references are correct then maybe we will have room to get all up in arms but as long as official references are not even all on the same page then you can't expect all operators to be on the same page.

If y'all have such a big hemorrhoid about out of band operations between 1800 and 1810 then maybe the official references of ARRL should be updated for those of us dummies who have other things in our life rather than eating, drinking, and living Amateur Radio 24 hours a day and have to go by official reference charts.

My .02
    73-

11. K4VWS

K4VWS Ham Member QRZ Page

160 meter allocations

Your chart is for amateur allocations in the U.S. (ITU Region 2)

The main issue in this thread is about out of band operations in ITU Region 1, mainly Europe, in the frequency range 1800-1810 kHz, which is not allocated to amateurs in that region.

Steve, K4VWS

12. KE7ZOE

KE7ZOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Link? I can't find a source for this.

Does anyone have a link to where these are written down other than members just repeating them?

Those rules are not posted in the one link given: http://life.itu.ch/radioclub/rr/rindex.htm

13. VR2BG

14. VR2BG

Radiolocation service.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.

15. VR2BG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.