ad: M2Ant-1

MFJ and CSS release EmComm Ops for MFJ TNCs

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

<B>Muscle Shoals AL, October 19 , 2009 </B>: MFJ and Creative Services Software announced today that EmComm Ops™ for MFJ, a packet only, 32-bit host mode program for the MFJ-127x series of TNCs has been released.

EmComm Ops™ for MFJ is based on the successful EmComm Ops™ products for Kantronics and AEA/Timewave TNCs. The new release will run on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

This is the latest addition to the Radio Operations Center line.

Company President Rick Ruhl, W4PC, said, "BLP Host Mode was created by Howard Goldstein, N2WX, in 1991. According to the MFJ technical staff, we are the only company, in the 18 years it has existed, to successfully interface to BLP Host Mode.”

<B>At an introductory price of $29.95</B>, EmComm Ops offers radio operators an efficient and affordable entry into advanced software-enhanced packet and radio control.

For operators who require support beyond packet radio, CSS’ ROC Digital Desktop™ ($99.95) offers a step up that supports the classic HF digital modes, as well as support for soundcard-based radio modes including PSK-31 and MT-63.

Product features include: Each stream has its own window and transmit buffer, support for the major callbooks on CD, user configurable colors and fonts, a 'bottomless' receive window, automated connections, binary file transfer, runs true 32 bit multitasking and multithreading and is easy to use with online help at your fingertips.

"The program is written in robust C++ ", Ruhl said. "This allowed us to add features to the program that couldn’t be done in other languages."

Creative Services Software, Inc was incorporated in 1988 and created the 32 bit Terminal program for Kantronics TNCs, AEA/TimeWave and is focusing its efforts to Windows 7 and the 64 bit software market. EmComm Ops allows users to control radios, TNCs, rotors, and to access logging applications, call books and more — all from within a single Microsoft Windows application. Unlike MS-DOS or Windows 3.1-based radio software, EmComm Ops is a 32-bit Windows application designed from the ground up for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7, offering users true multitasking, seamless integration of other radio or PC productivity tools, and the ability to take full advantage of the speed and processing power of the latest Windows-based computers. Operators can control radio transmissions while simultaneously running logging programs, call book programs or any Windows application (including Microsoft Office).

"True multitasking means that EmComm operators can send and receive packet communications while simultaneously relaying messages to families and rescue personnel in e-mail,” said Rick Ruhl, W4PC, CSS president and chief architect of the company’s software suite. “And in emergency situations where communications infrastructure has been compromised or conditions limit reliable radio operation, messages can be noted in a text or Microsoft Word file, then imported into EmComm Ops to be re-transmitted at a later time when conditions improve. Operators can also export messages to a file to document communications. Of course, simple Windows cut-and-paste is also supported.”

EmComm Ops was designed in response to requests from emergency communications volunteers who need advanced tools that help then set up and operate emergency radio services quickly, reliably and affordably,” Ruhl said. “It also gives radio operators who only work in packet mode a streamlined solution specific to their requirements.”

A free, 30-day trial of EmComm Ops is available now on the CSS Website at www.cssincorp.com. The purchase of EmComm Ops includes one year of e-mail or phone technical support, access to the CSS user forum and free maintenance updates

Creative Services Software is at http://www.cssincorp.com

MFJ is at http://www.mfjenterprises.com

2. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this news or an ad?

3. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

Fair enough. I've been to the website now. http://www.cssincorp.com/EmComm_Ops.html is the direct link for those that might be interested. Any chance of a youtube video showing the software in use, or some screen shots? I'm interested, but not so much that I'm ready to download and try the free trial yet without some more research.

5. KC5ODI

KC5ODI Ham Member QRZ Page

It is good news If You own a 1278
    Not much in the line of terminal programs for it.

6. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

And for the 1270 A B C and D TNCs too...

I have to do up a vid, but thats why I give a 30 day full featured trial with support for the most part. Try it first on my dime :)

MFJ asked me to do this for them and we'll also have a version for the KISS TNCs (including TNC-X).

You MFJ must have firmware with BLP host mode in it, if it doesnt, you can get the firmware from MFJ.

7. N9EGM

N9EGM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a 1278, I use winpac for it, and it works great for me

8. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Winpack is a terminal mode program, it doesnt use the host mode, which means in packet mode, you can have multistream connects in seperate windows, as well as monitoring the network traffic in it's own window.

EmComm Ops is a BLP Host mode program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.