ad: CQMM-1

Shelby Hamfest in Dallas, NC September 5th and 6th

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K4ZXN, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4ZXN

K4ZXN Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KG4CGC

KG4CGC Ham Member QRZ Page

This was a fantastic event last year and much easier to find. The location is much nicer and closer to things of local color that might be of interest to visitors.
    The walking paths in the park made for a lovely stroll and the large pond is a nice touch.
    One of the nicest hamfest facilities by far. I hope that this will be its new home for many years to come.

3. N2OBS

N2OBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't wait for it but guess i'm gonna have too. There are very few hamfests that i would ever consider driving a great distance because they are a great turn out and checking out new equipment which has broken my piggy bank so many times. Shelby is 1st, Charlotte is 2nd and Charleston, SC Hamfest which is beyond my backyard. Even tho they changed the location from shelby to concord it took a bit to get use too and still plenty of great vendors to choose from. Plenty of bargains and of course can't forget the food. In process of collecting a small group that would fit in my passenger vehicle and press the accelerator to the floor! Hope to see you all at the Shelby aka Concord Hamfest and praying the weather holds up not like last year with a tremendous downpour if i recall correctly. 73 to all and to all a pleasant evening.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  4. K4KWH

K4KWH Guest

HUH? Concord????????????????????????? That was CHARLOTTE that changed to Concord. Shelby is in Dallas, NC at Biggerstaff Park. And it's only gonna get BETTER and BETTER. That change just HAD to put a giant pout on that woman's face in Shelby that wanted to STOP the hamfest. She want to HURT the hamfest, and she actually did it a FAVOR!!!!!!!!! :D:D

J

5. KG4RBS

KG4RBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Not A Good Place for a HamFest

The New Site for the the Shellby HamFest is a JOKE. The Parking is a mess. They have 1(one) 15 passenger bus and 300 people waiting to get to the hamfest. It,s bad enough takeing a bus at golf outings but at least they have enough busses to keep people moving. Also, if you want to buy something of any size you have to WAIT for the Bus to the car then WAIT for the Bus to take you back. Also they have great food vendors but NO PLACE to sit and eat. Let alone sit and take a breather. The HamFest organizers need to get their act together. I think a group of CBers could put on a better one.

6. KG4RBS

KG4RBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.