ad: HamHats-1

Dayton Hamvention® May 15, 16, 17 & ARRL National Convention

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KD8IVE, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KD8IVE

KD8IVE Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings one and all,

A little late notice, but the Dayton Hamvention® AND ARRL National Convention is coming up together THIS weekend at Hara Arena, 1001 Shiloh Springs Rd, Dayton, Ohio.

You can still order your tickets, and you can even purchase them at the gate! It's going to be a great show, visit http://www.hamvention.org/ for more information.

2. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Sure wish I could attend, but they refuse to move it closer. Much closer.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

3. KD8IVE

Or is it that you refuse to move closer ;)?

4. N4WSH

N4WSH Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm going for the very first time this year and looking forward to it.

5. KD8IVE

AWESOME!! Great to hear it!!! I"ll be in the security trailer most of the time since i'm in charge of security volunteers :eek:

Lol :D I hope you have a wonderful time there!! be sure to let me know how we do :D

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  6. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

As I have already informed you, I can not go, sadly.:(

7. KD8IVE

Yea i know :( Maybe next year!! :D I'll probably put you to work though, lol!

8. KB3LAZ

Hahaha...me security..hum. As for next year, I hope so!

9. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Check http://w5kub.com/ now, for continuous webcam coverage and good links.
    IVE: Wish you guys would publish the attendance numbers. Maybe you do?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

10. KD8IVE

Yes I shall kidnap you for my committee :D I done claimed your help as mine :eek: If you volunteer that is >.> lol :D

Just got home from ANOTHER days' work from there. Today i set up the wonderful barrier line for pedestrian traffic, in the rain :D but its well worth it. lol :D

11. KB3LAZ

Well I sure hope that everything goes well and that no actions have to be taken. Main thing is to have fun.

(Pedestrian traffic and rain make me think of slipknot.:p)

12. KD8IVE

Greetings from Hamvention®!

It is set up day and we are packed! It looks like its going to be a wonderful show starting tomorrow! The sun is shining currently after some rain this morning, but all is well today.

Bring rain gear just incase as we have a large fleamarket and it probably wouldn't be as fun if it does rain....Hopefully it doesnt :D Anyways hope to see some of you at least tomorrow, then next year make it a goal to get more people here :p It is a great show to volunteer for and be a part of and that's for sure.

13. N4WSH

N4WSH Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got back home after attending for the very first time (I couldn't stay for Sunday) but all I can say is WOW. Very impressive and BIG. I hope to go all three days next year and bring more $$$.

14. KB8KOJ

KB8KOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

20th show for me. It was a blast. Only wish the flea market and beer were available on Sunday;) But it looked like attendance was up. Look forward to next years.

15. KD8IVE

Attendence was up, that is for sure (official numbers coming soon for those interested).

I put in over 93 hours from last monday til today. Quite tiring at some points but fun none the less.

It is a different experience i'm sure, from a volunteer/committee person's view, than an attendees.

I hope to see more people next year, as everyone's attitudes were up. I even had more people volunteer for me this year! Which truely was wonderful.

The only bad weather was on Saturday and even then, it wasn't bad enough to complain. (Ofc set up kinda sucked trying to set up the pedestrian barriers on wednesday with thunderstorms...fun :D).

But yes, I look forward to next year very much so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.