ad: Retevis-1

K5D Desecheo DXpedition 2009 is ON!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KP3S, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have so far only listened to the CW op on 30 meters, and the SSB on 18 meters. In the time I listened, I never heard the operator send or say up. Only on the clusters is that indicated. No wonder so many people are sending on the DX frequency, and no wonder the cops are out in force.

2. KC2ESD

KC2ESD Ham Member QRZ Page

3800Khz

I'm listening tp K5D on 3800Khz and the frequency is a total madhouse.:eek:
    Good Luck K5D de Rick KC2ESD

3. KP3S

KP3S Guest

Traditionally most of DXpedition operations work split of 5 to 15 kc, on their website is a frequency chart and next to each frequency is a "up or dn" stating the split, just listen for the pile up and you found the split.

http://kp5.us

Bellow is a picture of all the plan frequencies, just print it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
  4. WA2WMR

WA2WMR Ham Member QRZ Page

dx clusters???

5. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If I can work them, I will, as they are an all time new one for me. Of course I will be considerate and work them once per band/mode and wait to check in the online log. Of course if I am not in the online log, I think it is reasonable for me to make an insurance QSO. We simply do not know if/when FWS will grant another permit to visit so everyone has to make the most of it. I'm sure that near to the end of the DXpedition they'll be begging for callers.

So yes, if you worked them already, please QRX. If you haven't, by all means work them wherever you are.

It is the job of the DXPEDITION, not individual operators to decide who they will answer. When they are ready to focus on EU (i.e. when there's propagation to EU) they'll work EU, and with their all star team I'm sure they'll do just that. I have confidence that this will be a well run operation.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  6. N5MOA

N5MOA Subscriber QRZ Page

I have one card from 1989 for KP5, so I hope to fill several band slots this go around.

The ops are doing a great job, in spite of the lids, freq cops (another form of lid), and all the people that some how managed to pass a test, but can't remember the letters in their call when K5D calls for someone.

They are bounching from the US to the EU/Asia, at least on 80m and 40m. I would guess the other bands also. They seem to be operating at a pretty good clip.

Oh yeah, so far I've worked K5D on 17m, 40m and 80m all ssb. They are LOUD in Texas:) I didn't have any luck on 30m.

7. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Got them on 17ssb, 30cw, and 40ssb. Did not bother with 80 SSB as it was an absolute madhouse....

8. KP3S

KP3S Guest

My QTH is 31.75 Miles / 51.09 Kilometers / 27.59 Nautical Miles away from Desecheo and it doesn't help. I did manage to contact then on 80M last night around 05:09Z but it was hard with all the big guns out there. I was using a 80M Double Bazooka @ 35 feet of the ground with 600W, it took 4 hours working time. I now will try for 40M and 6M but I think I will have to be happy that I work them on 80M.

9. KH2RU

KH2RU Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked them also on 80 meters last night around 0345Z with a multiband dipole the Barker and Williamson 30 feet above the ground and with 100W out!!! I am located on the opposite side of the Island here in P.R. The pileup is huge but not so hard to get thru since their going by the Call numbers. Good luck all!!!!!!! 73's James

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  10. EB1CAM

EB1CAM Ham Member QRZ Page

in north of spain, heard with big signals in 20 meters but a little noise in 15 all this in afternoon/evening time in ea.

but the other way the pile up is a disaster, qrm, splatter and others things, they are making impossible the contact and in 20 meters the operatos dont stop so much in this band, and of course i usually i do phone.

it´s a pity

11. KV3C

KV3C Ham Member QRZ Page

KP3S Carlos

I appreciate all you do for us. I sometimes wish I were in your shoes. Happy for the QSLs I have received from you. Yo agradesco tu ayuda

Muchas Gracias,
    Barry

12. NZ3M

NZ3M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

13. W2FCP

W2FCP Ham Member QRZ Page

They are coming in nice into New Mexico right now on 14.190 listening on 14.226.

14. KP3S

KP3S Guest

No problem Barry, 73

15. KC0ZZH

KC0ZZH Guest

It's been a madhouse everywhere they are operating :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.