ad: Schulman-1

santa net

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K1LLR, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1LLR

K1LLR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

there will be a santa net on 20 meters..dec 22-24th,,14305 to 14320..not sure of the time ..most likely daytime while the band is open..I will be one of the stations involved..Santa and mrs Clause will be here for a visit..they will talk to children from all the world..anyone interested in the net you can email me..Paul k1llr@comcast.net

2. W5ACC

W5ACC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

hi paul.. thats real nice of you to do that..have fun with it ...merry x-mass to you and yours.. from the shack of w1acc of VT.. 73:):D

3. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Ham Member QRZ Page

Great way to get out the message.

I used to do this in a Mall out near Dayton Ohio when I was the MARS director for Wright-Patterson AFB. Santa, The Misses and the Elves were of course volunteers from the Comm Squadron there. Using MARS VHF frequencies made it a lot easier as we avoided several FCC rules. But this could be fun.

Thanks for being there and I hope I can put someone on the air...

4. KI6RYC

KI6RYC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm interested in participating but have never experienced the santa net. Is there any documentation of past nets that I can refer to to have a better idea of what is expected?

Mike, KI6RYC

5. K1LLR

K1LLR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

you can contact bernie..(AA4EE) for further info as to times and freqs

6. N1WAE

N1WAE Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember when my kids were young I had just gotten my ham license. My dear old friend N1ORC Arthur did a Santa net. My kids loved it so much. I miss those days. Now N1ORC is a silent key he will be missed. I was wondering if they still the santa net. Next year my granddaughter will be one so if someone is doing the Santa net I will try to tune in. Happy Holidays all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.