ad: TinyPaddle-1

OS X Forum now on QRZ.com

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KX0DW, May 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KX0DW

KX0DW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

MacHamRadio.com has partnered with QRZ.com, the largest Amateur Radio website in the world, to provide a support forum specifically for Amateur Radio users of OS X. The forum can be found as a subforum in the Computers, Hardware and Operating System section.

The forum is intended to provide support and information about all OS X amateur related software and to encourage and support the active and continuously growing OS X users community. So, I invite all of you to visit the forum and leave a message, ask a question, or share an answer or two. Let's continue building the MacHamRadio community, highlight the outstanding OS X software and developers, and share our interest in using OS X with the rest of the Amateur Radio community.

I would personally like to thank the staff at QRZ.com for their support of the MacHamRadio forum and the MacHamRadio community at large.

73 de Dave
    K3DCW
    www.machamradio.com

N6PJB, K3OD and WD9ICU like this.
  2. WW4JF

WW4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. WB4PBF

WB4PBF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Dave for all your hard work on getting this Mac Forum established--it's appreciated.

73's Jack WB4PBF

4. KX0DW

Thanks, but the credit goes to the team at QRZ.com that agreed that it could fill a role here on this site. I'm appreciative of their support.

5. KC2NEO

KC2NEO Ham Member QRZ Page

Great to read! I just have to ask if the forum is to be called MacOS or OS X? Shouldn't it be the former?

6. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

well, there were MacOSes before OS X. they're in the distant past ...

7. KX0DW

If (when?) Apple returns officially to the MacOS moniker as rumored, we'll likely switch it to MacOS; but for now it is still officially OS X. Besides, I didn't name the forum.

8. N6PJB

N6PJB Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good! Thank you.

9. KC2NEO

KC2NEO Ham Member QRZ Page

Works for me. Glad to see other Mac users. What's up with El Capitan and USB Audio Codecs? I'm struggling with my Yaesu SCU-17. :-(

10. KX0DW

Doesn't affect just amateur radio users, but users of all kinds of USB audio equipment. It is apparently caused by changes made to Apple's USB stack in OS X. There are some changes you can make that may fix the problem for you, or you can try running your USB device off of a Thunderbird expansion dock which seems to have zero problems (but is expensive).

Check out http://www.machamradio.com/blog/2016/4/20-fldigi-wjst-x-and-el-capitan-audio-issues for a bit of background and some (possible) solutions.

KC2NEO likes this.
  11. VE6CKC

VE6CKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad to see the forum on QRZ for Mac users
    73 Brian VE6CKC

12. N2LEE

N2LEE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is great news and thanks for the new forum.
    I finally "Saw the Light" and dumped Windows after 20 years.
    I figured if they couldn't get it right after Win95,WinMe, Win98,Win2000, NT, XP, Vista... then I had given them plenty of chances.

After switching to Mac's 99% of my support problems went away. No more rebooting, driver problems and viruses.

Its sad to see so many Windows users think that computers are suppose to work the way Windows does and that problems are just part of
    owning a computer. Now the more geek you are and the more you know about fixing Windows issues, the smarter you are.