ad: CQMM-1

New Digital Grid Awards from T.A.R.A.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K3VAT, Jun 23, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K3VAT

K3VAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Troy Amateur Radio Association (TARA) -- The TARA Digital Grid Awards Program has recently expanded the number of digital HF (160M through 6M) awards to include two new Collectors Series and Pinnacle Awards for confirmation with stations from Japan and from New Zealand. Operators start by earning Collectors Series Bars and then progress in meeting all the requirements for the top-of-the-line Pinnacle Awards. The Collectors Series Awards are full-size , beautifully colored with slots for earned Bars. The Pinnacle Awards are like-sized and colored with specially designed stickers. Both are a bold statement for confirming a specific number of Maidenhead Grids within the DXCC Entity. Samples of these (and many other digital grid awards) may been viewed at http://www.n2ty.org. [select 'PSK/RTTY Contesting" on the main bar selection, then select 'Grid Award' on the right-center.] TARA Grid (and Prefix) Digital Awards are open to any licensed operator worldwide. Please visit the referenced website for more information.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's been a lot of fun participating in the TARA award program. They have put great effort into this and it shows.

3. FK1TS

FK1TS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice idea but you can't rename parts of a country :) http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/awards_tree/VK.html I have no idea where they got those names from. I did very politely point out to them the following by email.

......... I’d just like to point at that in Australia we have States and Territories and they both have different status. So really this (below) should be called Australian States & Territories. Secondly, more importantly there are no such place names as “Southern Territory” and “Western Territory” these are respectively “South Australia” and “Western Australia”. Also correctly speaking Canberra should be called the “Australian Capital Territory” or ACT. Canberra is a city in the ACT.