ad: wmr-1

Mobile radio with ALL Digital mode DMR,D-Star,C4FM Fusion a news or a fake ???

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, May 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Now, on 20 - 22 may on Hamconvention in Dayton - OHIO

there is the NEW mobile radio with ALL the digital system :

DMR , D-Star and C4FM Fusion

here the official web site:

http://wirelesshold.com/dv4home-2-1.aspx

a very great news .....or a big fake ???

we attend a comments of the ham radio that see this radio LIVE on Dayton hamfest !

or is a FAKE that the announc of 2 yeasr ago with a simila radio the CS-7000 never built !!! hi !

i stay tuned on NEXT monday for the comments here of the ham-radio that see at dayton fest of this new mobile 20 watt radio all systems digital !

73 de Rudy - IW2BSF

2. IW2BSF

IMPORTANT ..... see that is buying at the final of the 2016 !

3. DL1AX

DL1AX Ham Member QRZ Page

so, what is your point, OM?

4. IW2BSF

i think is a fake..... now i see the comments of the ham-radio that see this radio on Dayton next days !!! hi :)

5. IW2BSF

see in the display is DMR+ ...... ham radio used DMR !

6. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There is another product out there today, the DVMega, which does DSTAR and DMR - and it's real, and pretty affordable. It's like a DSTAR DVAP Dongle, but it does both modes and is designed to plug onto a Raspberry Pi computer. The company advertising the DV4 Mobile has two other products - the DV4mini and DV4Home, which are a low power transceiver and multimode dongle. The 'mini' is available now, and the 'Home' is supposed to be available after Hamvention. So, hopefully, these are there to be seen.

There appears to be a bit more info here, including tests of some of it... http://ham-dmr.de/?lang=en

So, yes, we see many promises of multimode radios, and it would seem that it should be something that could be done since all the major DV modes all use the same proprietary DV vocoder, though apparently, some use it differently than others. There are in existence DMR to DSTAR bridges in the world that pass the DV datastream between the units. One involves connecting a DVAP Dongle to a Hytera repeater, and was developed in Germany.

I hope this is something real that people can see at Dayton. So far, Dayton appears to be a black hole, where people enter and no information comes out.

7. ON8CB

ON8CB Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought my DV4Mini from Wireless Holding and I'm considering them very reliable, I don't think they would put their face and reputation by endorsing something they didn't check before therefore I'm assuming the advertisement of that radio pretty realistic. By checking the technical specs what I'm seeing is a small-form-factor PC, probably ARM-based connected to a display with a DV4Mini embedded with a little more power, a LTE modem which should guarantee the connectivity to the internet and a software/firmware controlling the assembly. I would rather be concerned about the price...

8. K0RGR

I don't know if want to hazard a guess on the price, either, but the DV4mini is quite reasonable. Around here, I could use one that does DMR, DSTAR and FUSION. A mobile that does all of that would be amazing.

9. NC5P

NC5P Ham Member QRZ Page

The DV4mini is a lot of fun but does have a few bugs. On D-Star occasionally it will garble voice that others hear fine. On P25 sometimes it will break up. I have heard that can happen due to overload from the nearby radio. Most of the time it works fine.

As far as this mobile radio I am concerned about the support for P25. I don't know what they mean by NAC transparent mode. If it doesn't transmit the correct NAC it will not be able to talk over the local repeaters. Maybe it means that the radio will decode any NAC on receive which is fine (for ham use) but if it only transmits 293 (the default NAC) it will not bring up the Arlington or Fort Worth machines.

10. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a project called MMDVM (MultiMode Digital Voice Modem) that uses an Arduino and interfaces to an analog rigs 9600 baud packet port to get at the discriminator audio, etc. It can do D-Star, DMR, Fusion and P25. This is the only option I know of today if you want to support multiple modes and more than a few milliwatts.

11. IW2BSF

it's real..... see this video from Dayton hamfest:

12. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Not For Sale

I would think because it violates the proprietary rights, brand name logos, design patents and intellectual property rights of Yaesu, ICOM, and anyone else involved.

I wouldn't be surprised if the YouTube video isn't pulled down, unless everyone involved is moving this direction.

For example, we have a Yaesu Fusion repeater added to the many repeater populated small community: I don't want to purchase yet another HT.

More important, it interferes with our existing Echolink repeater.

I was told by the Echolink repeater owner the regional FCC man says, it's too late.

He gave out the frequency.

Our repeaters serve this region, tourism heavy with Glacier-Waterton International Park.

I heard this Yaesu Fusion repeater even interferes with the Great Falls GFARC repeater we have at Cut Bank International Air Port.

I am told the owner of the Yaesu Fusion repeater refuses to listen to anything.

You may surmise, while it is a communication tool, it is not really amateur radio, in my opinion: it is commercial radio.

In my opinion, it should be in the business portion of the radio frequency allocation.

Let them thrash out their commercial property conflict there.

13. KK4EQF

KK4EQF Ham Member QRZ Page

It's real trust me.

14. K0RGR

Again, they already have the DV4mini on sale. DMR and DSTAR are both open standards. I think ICOM has a trademark on the name D-STAR, spelled that way.

It's only a 20 watt radio, and with DMR (and I presume Fusion) you can't add an outboard amplifier - the radio switches between transmit and receive much too quickly for that unless the amplifier is designed for it.

Still, I am somewhat amazed by the performance of DMR. I drove up to the Twin Cities Monday with just the HT in the car, and was in contact with the DMR network nearly all the way. So, if I can do it with 5 watts and a rubber ducky, 20 watts to an external antenna with a little gain should be more than I would really ever need.

15. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

While DMR is supposed to be an open standard, sad fact is Motorola owns some rights here in the US to radios that are manufactured withing the Tier III standards from what I understand. The good news must be that the licensing fee must be somewhat affordable as even the Chinese knockoffs (like the TYT/Tytera) guys are apparently paying the piper.

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/en...censing/dmr-essentials-licensing-program.html