ad: M2Ant-1

Everything Ham Radio Podcast #36 - Don't Skimp on the Coax

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5CLM, Sep 22, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K5CLM

K5CLM Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    Hello everybody! In today's episode we talk about Coax; different kinds, dB Losses and how to figure it, Is it worth buying new coax and connectors.

Listen to find out how to enter to win a Nanuk 904 case! This case, as well as all the others that bear the Nanuk name, are really nice cases with totally customizable foam inside, double locking clamps, water proof(up to 3ft for 30 mins) and shock resistant. They are highly durable and made to last a long time. If you would like more than one case or just don't want to wait until the winner is revealed next week, I also reveal a new discount code for 10% off any Nanuk case through GigaParts.com.

In the Amateur Radio Club Spotlight segment we talk about the Socorro Amateur Radio Association of Socorro, New Mexico. If you would like to have your club spotlighted in a future episode, send an email to k5clm at everythinghamradio dot com with you club name and website address and anything else that you think other hams would like to know about.

We talk about all the upcoming events for the next two weeks, contests, QSO parties and other on the air events, follow by all the hamfests for the same time period. There are numerous of both, so check out the show notes for more information.

We wrap up the episode with a few news stories from the ARRL.

You can find my podcast on ITunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Youtube, IHeartRadio or directly from my website. You can subscribe to my email list to get notifications on new episodes or blog posts.

Show Notes: http://www.everythinghamradio.com/podcast/36/

Until next time...
    73 de Curtis, K5CLM

K5BM and K2NCC like this.
  2. KB3WGE

KB3WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

All I know is my Hustler ant. system for HF worked a LOT better when I installed a new section of 100% shield & a stranded center conductor with a soldered Amphenol connector at the end...the internal ant. tuner in the Yaesu FT450D liked it better than the junk coax & connector Hustler system came with. 73's ALL Jimi a.k.a. KB3WGE....Good Luck & Good DX !!!!!!!!