ad: portazero-1

KE9DV Vic Amschler SK today, June 25, 2015

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KB9ZWS, Jun 25, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB9ZWS

KB9ZWS Ham Member QRZ Page

My grandpa died this morning aged 94 in Peoria Illinois. He was preceded in death by my grandma, about 2 days ago.

Amateur radio is just one of the hobbies he got me in to. He'll be missed.

A while back I know he was a member of the radio club that met in Lewis & Clark college in Alton, Ill. but he hasn't operated for several years now.

I'll reply back here when there's funeral information or an obituary.

Eric Lofgren
    KB9ZWS

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Sincere Condolences.

Vic V. Amschler, KE9DV SK

SK June 25, 2015

GODFREY - Victor "Vic" Amschler, 94, departed this earth on June 25, 2015, at Lutheran Hillside Village in Peoria, Ill.

He was the oldest son of Alfred and Anna (Zerbst) Amschler and was born March 1, 1921 near Jacob, Ill. Vic helped his father work the farm until he went to serve in the military. He married the love of his life, Delphine in 1944 and they were married for almost 71 years.

A highly intelligent man, Vic worked for Owens-Illinois Glass Company as a tool and die maker until his retirement in 1983. He was by nature, curious and a perpetual student, always wanting to learn new things. His hobbies were many, including building and playing guitars—he freely shared his talents by playing with friends who stopped by the house and participating in "The Sunshine Band" at several local nursing homes. He continued to share his musical talents with residents at Lutheran Hillside Village in his later years. Vic was a ham radio operator and also a volunteer license examiner. He enjoyed woodworking and took pleasure in gifting friends and families with his lovely woodcarvings.

Vic was a long-time member of Faith Lutheran Church, Godfrey. In his early years he sang in the choir and served in a variety of ways at Trinity Lutheran Church in Alton. He took great pleasure in working in his yard and was very proud of his beautiful lawn and flowers.

He will be sadly missed by daughters, Denise Amschler (husband, Neal Lambert) and Renee Lofgren (husband Chris), and daughter-in-law, Patricia Amschler. He was preceded in death by his wife Delphine, who passed away on June 23, 2015, his son, Darryl Amschler, his brothers, Marvin, Melvin, and Ralph, and his parents.

Vic and Delphine had two grandsons, Marc Lofgren of Aurora, Colo., Eric (Char) Lofgren of Buchanan, Mich.; and three great-grandchildren. Vic is also survived by his sister-in-law, Mildred Amschler of Chester; brothers and sisters-in-law, Leroy and Delores Darnstaedt, of Bethalto, and Bob and Liz Darnstaedt, Godfrey.

The family wishes to thank the staff of Lutheran Hillside Village and OSF Hospice for the love and care shown to Victor during his final weeks of life.

Visitation for Vic and Delphine will be held from 10 a.m. until time of funeral service at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 2, 2015, at Faith Lutheran Church, Godfrey. Reverend Randy Fischer will officiate.

Memorials may be made to Faith Lutheran Church, Godfrey; Lutheran Hillside Foundation, Peoria, or OSF Hospice, Peoria.

Gent Funeral Home in Alton is in charge of arrangements. Online guestbook and information may be found at www.gentfuneralhome.com

Gent Funeral Home
    2409 State Street
    Alton, IL 62002
    (618) 466-5544

Published in The Telegraph from June 27 to June 28, 2015

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetelegraph/obituary.aspx?n=victor-amschler&pid=175172386

3. KB9ZWS

KB9ZWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, and thanks for finding the obituary.
    Eric