ad: ProAudio-1

Introducing "USA 1776" DMR Talk Group

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1NGS, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W1NGS

W1NGS Ham Member QRZ Page

The Massachusetts Interconnect Team (MIT) is pleased to Introduce USA 1776

The “USA 1776″ (English preferred) Talk Group will be distributed worldwide to DMR networks upon request. The spirit of "1776" is to continue the Amateur Radio tradition of international friendship and to push the boundaries of technology in the new frontier of digital communications.

USA 1776 is intended to be a flexible, politically neutral, unrestricted Talk Group that can be used as Push-To-Talk (PTT) or Full-Time (FT) to meet the operating requirements of a DMR Network. DMR subscribers are welcome to use 1776 as a universal meeting place to "Rag Chew" or as a jumping off point and QSY to an alternative Talk Group if desired. To add USA 1776 to your DMR Network please contact us by visiting our website at the provided URL to schedule a time for configuration & testing.

“USA 1776” URL: http://www.mitcom.com/mitcom_USA_1776.html

MITCOM
    http://www.mitcom.com

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Is this via Echolink or IRLP?

3. K0STK

K0STK Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

OK sounds to me like this is some Commercial Radio system being converted to use on Amateur Radio bands, Interesting. Not able to use the same radios on normal FM.
    That part is a bummer. Sounds like a nice setup for the few Amateur Firefighters who use the same radios. :)

Thanks for the information, lots of newer stuff out that I have not ever seen, last year my head was "in the sand" so to speak playing HF only.

73 K2HAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.