ad: ProAudio-1

HamRadioNow: The CW Geek (and his book...)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Dan Romanchik KB6NU is on the book-tour circuit for The CW Geek's Guide to Having Fun with Morse Code. Here's his talk with me on HamRadioNow.

I was looking over some of the comments following the Southgate post announcing the book a few threads back on QRZ.com. I gotta say, some of you guys didn't disappoint! The old curmudgeonly whining from hams who didn't even read the announcement correctly, much less read the book ("
    Reading a book in order to learn CW? [​IMG]" - Tom KCØW) was classic. Fortunately, some of you set the record straight. The Guide doesn't teach you Morse (I'm not sure how you can "learn CW" - CW is an emission type, not a skill, but I've probably used that phrase myself many times, so I'll shut up), it teaches you about Morse (or should we call it "Vail"?) and it's use in the ham bands. It's neither the first nor last word in operating on CW, but it'll help me when I finally decide to make it fun.

Here, Dan and I banter about the book, about using CW on the bands, some tips and techniques (he doesn't mind giving it away), and I actually lay my fingers on a paddle (and mess up).

You can download the audio of the show here, and if you use a podcast app, you can manually enter this URL to subscribe to HamRadioNow as an audio podcast: http://HamRadioNow.tv/hrnrss.xml

[video=youtube_share;vAU52hCX8X8]http://youtu.be/vAU52hCX8X8[/video]

Watch all our programs on our web page:
    HAMRADIONOW
    .tv

HamRadioNow is supported by viewer contributions
    If you enjoy the programs, visit www.HamRadioNow.tv and "click the pig"

[​IMG]

THANK YOU to all our contributors!

2. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Always glad to help do my part!!!

Tom KCØW

3. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Since you're becoming the first stop on author tours make sure you grab Mr. Nichols when his new Prop book comes out. ;)

Great interview, enjoyed the CW history bits especially.

4. W9JEF

W9JEF QRZ Lifetime Member #571 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Remorse noted. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.