ad: CQMM-1

Live webcast from K6H - 'Last Man Standing' special event station

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Live webcast from K6H - 'Last Man Standing' special event station

W5KUB.COM will be webcasting the Special Events Station K6H live from Hollywood on Sept 27 and 28th from the stage of TV's hit Last Man Standing.

See interviews, visit the set, see the different operating positions. Communicate directly with us on our chat room during the show. As usual, we will be giving out prizes to lucky viewers throughout the day.

Schedule:

Saturday Sept 27 9:00 until 12:00 Noon PST (1600-2000 UTC) watch the Papa System group set up on the stage for the next days operation. See the set and watch for interviews.

Sunday Sept 28 7:00AM until 3:00 PM PST (1400 - 2200 UTC) watch the special events station make contacts, see special guests, interviews, and prizes.

Keep up with latest details on our webcasts at https://www.facebook.com/groups/w5kub/

Thanks,
    Tom W5KUB

[​IMG]

Follow Southgate News on Twitter
    Join us on Facebook

2. NG1Q

NG1Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I tweeted Tim Allen and he just got his ham license on 4 Sept 14. I found his call sign on ARRL and FCC ULS. You have to look up his real name, Tim Dick. His call sign is KK6OTD.

3. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Why is he listed in Ca. in the lookup but in Mi under details?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

4. NG1Q

NG1Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Because MI is where he is from.

5. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Just hope the "Tool Man" doesn't rewire the station for "more power...."

6. K6DS

K6DS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Any idea what frequencies they may operate on?

7. K6DS

K6DS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Okay, got'm for 6, 10, 15, 20 and 40.....

8. AC8IE

AC8IE Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that a reissued call KK6OTD comes back as aCal. residents old call

9. N3OWM

N3OWM Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W6UDO

W6UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting, too...I clicked on the map to see how far Hart St. is from where I grew up...it came up MI....(??)

11. W6UDO

W6UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

That shouldn't be it. The map and county/state listing shows me where I live now in OR. If what you say is true, it would either show CA (where I was first licensed), or NY (where I'm from originally). The mystery continues... Meantime, hope he upgrades so I can work him on HF.
    Very 73...Joe

12. WB5ITT

WB5ITT Ham Member QRZ Page

Its an error in QRZ likely....

13. WB5ITT

WB5ITT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonder why it is just making news?? Noone seems to have made news of his passing the test before his tweet on the 14th of Sept (10 days AFTER his license was issued)...and I did not see anything (yet) on Newsline's site or FB (or did I miss it??)

14. NE1LL

NE1LL Ham Member QRZ Page

Tim Allen is not exactly the best representation of Amateur Radio. The way he uses incompetence in his humor along with his drug and alcohol problems leaves the hobby in a bad light.

15. N9XR

N9XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like (according to Google Maps) his home address shows a pretty upscale and trendy neighborhood.

Tim Allen Home.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.