ad: Alphaant-1

Delfi-n3Xt CubeSat engineer died on MH-17

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Fatima Dyczynski CEO and Director of Xoterra Space.jpg Delfi-n3Xt CubeSat engineer died on MH-17

25 year-old Fatima Dyczynski, CEO, founder and project manager of Xoterra Space, was an Aerospace Engineer, thought leader, scientist, creative space enthusiast, motivated entrepreneur, public speaker, all world traveller and absolute futurist

She perished July 17, 2014 on flight MH-17 over Ukraine.

Fatima was Operations Engineer for the Delfi-n3Xt CubeSat which carried an amateur radio linear transponder. Delfi-n3Xt was successfully launched in November 2013.

She presented the paper ‘A novel business model to substantiate the commercial viability of a CubeSat constellation for advanced Earth Observation and monitoring’ at the International Astronautical Federation Conference 2013 (IAC-13) in Beijing and had been planning to present a paper this September at IAC-14 in Canada.

It is reported her ultimate dream was to journey to Mars as an astronaut.

Watch Let's make space personal: Fatima Dyczynski at TEDxGroningen 2013

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VEbLvhRLwPo?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="450" width="800"></iframe>

Xoterra Space
    http://www.xoterraspace.com/the-team/

Vibrant life of young space engineer cut short on MH17 flight
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/vibrant...-cut-short-on-mh17-flight-20140720-zv0wy.html

Delfi-n3Xt
    http://amsat-uk.org/2013/11/23/delfi-n3xt-update-november-22/

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2014/july/cubesat_engineer_died_on_mh17.htm

[​IMG]

Follow Southgate News on Twitter
    Become a Facebook fan

2. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Another Point-of-Light snuffed out and cut short. Depressing...

Godspeed to her and the others whose lives were tragically taken.

3. NY9A

NY9A Ham Member QRZ Page

It was stunning to learn of the murder of this brilliant, young woman by the barbarians who fired upon an unarmed civilian aircraft. Who can say what good the world was deprived of by this mindless and vicious act. May she rest in peace and find fulfillment of her dreams in the life to come!

4. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The world has lost a bright light. Watching the video of her TED talk, I thought it ironic that at the end, she read a statement that encouraged the development of space as a way to reduce conflict in our world.

5. KF4RQH

KF4RQH Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not into this technology but watching the video you can see this lady was nervise because she's real excited about getting this project off the ground that at times she can't hold some of the excitement back to do this precentation and at a young age and open mind so sad for a loss .

6. K0YQ

K0YQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen to all.

7. KB3PHL

KB3PHL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not attacking anybody, I just wanted to know what NERVISE means. If this gets everyone to spell correctly or at the very least use their spell checker then that's a good thing. :rolleyes:

8. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Such a super young girl who stood for ham radios future gone :(

9. KN5WDM

KN5WDM Ham Member QRZ Page

Remember some of us are still in high school the rest of us got a ham license and droped out. I being only an extra class operator dont have a gooder education as some of you educator. But I do know a disscison offering a memmoral about abright beautiful energetic young life cut short for nor reason is not the place to do spell checking. It is a shame we cant do a stare trek world but we cant. God forgive us for what we do to each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.