ad: UR5CDX-1

Wallace Chin MD. nee W6MDE ie KE7AZ SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KD7TXG, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD7TXG

KD7TXG Ham Member QRZ Page

My Elmer and Friend of many years, succumbed to age related illness and passed on 12-18-2013.
    Wally was a Captain in the Air Force and served in Korea during the conflict in the 50's as a flight Surgeon.
    his call was w6mde during that time and he also participated in MARS for contacts to and from The states and the war zone.
    from the late 50's thru the 70's he lived in California, was a Family Practioner and true to his call sign a Medical Doctor Emergency. He also had a nice glow in the dark Collins S Line.
    later he moved to Washington State became ke7az and resumed some of his previous ham activities. for the last 4-5 years with his health failing he gave up his radio past time.
    feel free to leave a note if you ever made contact. i inherited his QSL card collection.
    73's
    Mark C.
    Kd7txg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

Wallace E. Chin, KE7AZ SK

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/heraldnet/obituary.aspx?n=wallace-e-chin&pid=169062341

Wallace E. Chin M.D.
    Obituary

Sept. 7 1924- Dec. 27, 2013 Dr. Wallace Chin passed away peacefully on December 27, 2013.

A Memorial Service will be held Monday, January 13, 2014, 2 p.m. at Forest Park Adventist Church, 4132 Federal Ave, Everett. Reception to follow.
    Published in The Herald (Everett) on Jan. 12, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.