ad: Retevis-1

Announcement: Hamlib 1.2.12 released

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N0NB, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N0NB

N0NB Ham Member QRZ Page

From the Hamlib developer mailing list:

Hamlib is a library that translates individual radio control into a common API (Application Programming Interface) to ease the task of application authors seeking radio and rotator control. The popular Fldigi program uses Hamlib as does CQRlog for Linux. While developed primarily on Linux, Hamlib is also available for Microsoft Windows, has been ported to OS X as well as other Uinix flavors such as FreeBSD and possibly more. Hamlib is released under the Lesser GNU Public License, LGPL, which allows application authors to choose the license they prefer for their programs while still being able to use the Hamlib library (certain utilities provided in the Hamlib release are licensed under the GNU Public License, GPL).

Hamlib has been in active development since July 2000 as a project begun by Frank Singleton, VK3FCS/KM5WS. Hamlib is now maintained by Stephané Fillod, F8CFE, and a number of contributors from around the world. Many Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Open SuSE, and others include Hamlib in their repositories. An MS Windows DLL is provided by the Hamlib project and available for download from the SourceForge project site.

2. WD8TA

WD8TA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

.NET Support

I couldn't find any references for this as supporting .NET? Is that available?

3. N0NB

N0NB Ham Member QRZ Page

Not directly that I know of. We do have the capability of generating language bindings via Swig. I'm far from an expert on Swig and I think it would take someone who knows it well to get a solid binding library.

4. W0FMS

W0FMS Ham Member QRZ Page

If there is a DLL for windows then a wrapper could easily be written for .NET (likely an "unmanaged code" to "managed code" "marshalling" will need to be done.)

If done correctly it could be quite a nice little library for .NET languages.

I take it you are a C# or VB .NET fan?

Fred W0FMS

5. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

Get a real programming language... Not trying to be harsh, but you know... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.