ad: elecraft

SOMALIA CALLS FOR HELP.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK2BVS, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VK2BVS

VK2BVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sam VK2BVS has answered the call from Radio Galkayo in Puntland, North East Somalia to go to Somalia and repair the shortwave broadcast station set up by amateur radio volunteers in 1993 and upgraded with the help of Rotary and Australian government funding in 1994 and to this day receiving training and support from Oxfam Canada who recognise this station as one of the few community radio stations in Somalia.

Sam will be departing to Somalia and donating his HF transmitter. Oxfam Canada funds will cover Sam’s return ticket and the Galkayo, Somalia community will cover Sam’s food and accommodation.

If you would like to join this project you can help by donating and sending by DHL air freight to Radio Galkayo, Galkayo, Somalia, 3 or more 811A tubes for the stations AL811 amplifier.

Sam will also try to repair the stations Henry 1000Watt AM output 5Kw SSB amplifier.

If you would like to keep in Internet contact with Sam and are able to donate further spare parts as may be needed also contact Sam.

Last time Sam was in Somalia he travelled 1,400 kilometres looking for a .01 microfarad 7KV capacitor with no luck and ended sending it on his return to Australia.

With peace talks underway this radio will keep the community up to date so this is the time to help the people back on air even though terrorism and SARS is scaring most foreigners away from travel.

Please contact Sam on e-mail if you would like to help
    E-mail:   svoron@hotmail.com    
    or telephone Sydney, Australia 61-2-94171066
    See       http://www.radiogalkayo.com

While Sam is in Somalia you can continue to check for updates on the Solomon Islands on  http://www.H44A.com

Sam's call sign in Somalia is 6o0A (six oscar zero alfa).
    Try 28.490MHz and 14.275MHz.
    Sorry no QSL's, this trip is focused on helping the Somali people so all Sam's time and funds will go to that

My Webpage
    http//www.radiogalkayo.com

***  QRZ EDITOR'S NOTE - US Amateurs, Please go to

http://travel.state.gov/somalia.html  ***

2. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Is this the same Sam that was behind an uprising in a country that support terrorists? that has connections with K1MAN?

[​IMG]

This idiot has posted this before and was exposed for what he really is, a fraud.

73 to all

-Chuck K8CPA

3. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

and fior those, that don't know what I'm referring to...here it is from the Newsline archives:

VORON

Australian radio amateur Sam Voron, VK2BVS is awaiting a
    government decision on whether or not he will be prosecuted under
    that nations Foreign Incursions Act. This, for making an
    unauthorized trip to the island of Bougainville to deliver radio
    equipment to its breakaway rebel government. Voron admits that he
    made the trip. In fact he says that he acted in the name of the
    Maine U.S.A. based International Amateur Radio Network and
    churches on Fiji and in Australia. His story has been
    corroborated by several press releases from the IARN that say the
    radio gear was a gift to all of the people of Bougainville and
    characterize Voron's efforts as a humanitarian effort.
    But the government of Papua New Gunia sees it another way.
    They have formally complained to the Australians about Voron's
    actions in helping to establish Radio Free Bougainville. The BBC
    World Service reports that back on February the 3rd, the Papua
    New Gunia Foreign Ministry delivered a protest note to the
    Australian High Commission over the assistance given by Voron in
    helping to establish the station. Also, according to a
    commentator on WRNO shortwave radio, the Papua New Gunia
    government intends to take some yet to be defined legal action
    against Baxter's IARN.
    As of Friday February 13th the US State Department had not
    received any complaint from Papua New Gunia over the IARN
    activities on Bougainville. Other Washington sources say that the
    revolution is falling to pieces with over 75% of the island
    already re-taken by Papua New Gunia.
    Meanwhile Sam Voron VK2BVS sits and waits, but he is far from
    quiet. He has appeared on radio and television in Australia
    asking for medical supplies and other emergency aid for the
    people of Bougainville who are caught up in the revolution.

4. VK2BVS

Hello K8CPA

Why fraud.
    Who has done the fraud?
    Your post refers to a story and a date with no year.

It sounds like something happened Feb 3rd and everyone is waiting for something to happen to me.

Why? Because your post is from 1992.

When I returned in 1992 no one contacted me and the result was nothing happened. You left that out. You were not even interested to ask me what happened?

Why would you put such a post and leave out a very important detail such as the year and not ask me what happened?

Do I have the evidence here of fraud or a misleading story based on the fact that you have left out the year so it appears to a casual reader to be something that happened 2003 instead of 1992?  

If people knew that your post was from 1992 then the impression that we are all waiting for something to happen disappears.  Is it a fraud to create a story in such a way as to hurt the person you want to attack?

When I go overseas I tell it like it is, I don’t need to hide things. It’s to tell what you do and see that is credibility.
    To use fraud discredits a writer so it has no value.

Why terrorist?  Why have I not been visited by any authority before 1992, in 1992 or after 1992? My full explanations on TV, radio and newspapers could be the only reason.

The reason for calling people fraud or terrorist is often about something else. You mentioned Glen K1MAN and IARN.

It’s no reason to call anyone who likes Glen a fraud and a terrorist.

Fraud is determined in court and so is terrorism.

Such terms are unnecessary to use against those you don’t like or who like people you dislike.

I do like you because you’re a fellow ham. A Helper of All Mankind. We must try to loose our anger and come together.
    Its not easy but thanks to worldwide communications it’s also not hard to try.

…Sam Voron VK2BVS, Sydney, Australia.My Webpage

5. VK2BVS

Abdi,
         Nice to meet you thanks for the call!

Yes Somali and Somaliland music are both welcome and very much needed but they need to be on cassette tape.

If you are recording from CD to tape please keep each recording at a high and same level.

DHL is expensive so I suggest if you can't get it to me by Tuesday you mail it direct- Attention Sam Voron, Radio Galkayo, Galkayo, Somalia. Very simple address.

Thats a great idea to introduce your local Somali community to the help hams are giving. They can record their messages on cassette. Tell them we will broadcast nation wide and will take messages for anyone anywhere in the country. That is a way the radio can bring all the country together.

Radio Galkayo will be on 6.985MHz AM from 1600 to 1700UTC and 1000 to 1200UTC in Somali.
           I might be running a 15minute English programme 1700-1715 and 1200-1215UTC.

If anyone has great English or Somali language music you can drop it in anytime before Tuesday to-
    Sam Voron 2 Griffith Ave, Roseville, N.S.W. Australia 2069

For co-ordinating help to Somalia before Tuesday Tel/Fax-61-2-94171066

or after tuesday E-mail  svoron@hotmail.com

From Somalia 14.275MHz USB and 28.490MHz USB
    No QSL's only QSO's, thanks.
    Sam Voron VK2BVS and SIX OSCAR ZERO ALFA.  
    My Webpage

6. w4nti

w4nti Guest

Mr Voron is somewhat out of touch. He stateside partner is K1MAN. Mr. Baxter no longer operates his 'broadcast' station on 14.275. He has moved it to 14.273. This is in preperation to his eventual removal from Amateur Radio.

The FCC is in the process of investigating Mr. Baxters 'activities'. Perhaps Mr. Voron should be in touch with his master more often.

So much for credibility. And yes Mr. Voron I am intitled to my opinion just as you are. The facts are out there for all to see.

Go ahead and spin it anyway you want. Those that care know.

Dan/W4NTI

7. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sam has posted on this site a few times before. If you just ignore his postings he may go away. Sam sees nothing wrong in the world only temporary inconveniences.

Help Sam by ignoring him.

K2WH

8. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I told you to ignore Sam.  He is the Mr. Rogers of reality and ham radio.  He is a major pacifist, he has never seen a dictator he did not like. Hollywood would love him. Nothing is wrong everything is ok.  Ham radio has the power to solve all problems according to him.  Just throw HT's at Iraqi forces and talk to them they will lay down their arms.

If Sam replies to your msg, it will be wishy washy unintelligable drivel.  Just leave him be or this thread will go on and on and you will just pull your hair out. This is his method to gain public exposure to his cause no matter how twisted it may be.

K2WH

9. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

Blackhawk Down

American bodies dragged through the streets.

Not even a slice of bread, let alone ham gear!

10. VK2BVS

Hello Dan N4NTI

You start your post as if I said Glen operates on 14.275MHz.

Re read my article. It does not mention Glen.

Your anger with Glen is making you put things in my article that are not there.

You said (1) you are entitled to your opinion and (2) the facts are out there.

So why would you say I am out of touch and Glen is no longer on 14.275MHz?

I did not say he was.

The only reason you have for saying something that I have not said is so you can start bagging Glen.

Use your Ham spirit to help people not bag them.
    Leave the bagging to the authorities and do all you can to Help All Mankind.
    Life is short and not to be wasted bagging people.
    Bagging people does not add credibility, it is simply used in fights between 2 or more parties.

Sam Voron VK2BVS
             2 Griffith ave, Roseville N.S.W., Australia 2069.
             Tel/Fax-61-2-94171066
             E-mail-  svoron@hotmail.com
    My Webpage

11. VK2BVS

Hello WD4AWO,

No Government has told QRZ to do anything.

Are you more all knowing than the Government that you can tell QRZ to stop free speech?

Today the word terrorist is used in personal attacks to intimidate people.

Your repeated claims of terrorist activities have not been acted on by any authority and you know how swift the authorities act these days in a genuine case.

Your question “Does the name Omar Khaddafi mean anything to qrz.com?” sounds like the days of the cold war when anyone you did not like was called a RED under the bed.

The authorities know what real terrorists are but you are using the word in a repeated campaign of intimidation not just on myself but now your targetting QRZ.

Use your Ham spirit to help people not bag them.
    Leave the bagging to the authorities and do all you can to Help All Mankind.
    Life is short and not to be wasted bagging people.
    Bagging people does not add credibility, it is simply a fight between 2 or more parties.

Sam Voron VK2BVS
             Tel/Fax-61-2-94171066

My Webpage

12. VK2BVS

Hello K2WH

You said “Sam sees nothing wrong in the world only temporary inconveniences”.  
    Yes I do believe that the world is good.
    I also believe we can all make it better.

Sam Voron VK2BVS
             Tel/Fax-61-2-94171066
    My Webpage

13. VK2BVS

Hello K3VR

You said “political propaganda station, historically aided by Libya against American interests.”

If you come with me to Galkayo, Somalia you will be as safe as me and you will see people with USA and LA on their T-shirt. Mogadishu is dangerous but Galkayo is 700km to the north. They are friendly people and they will like you.

You will meet Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf and also those opposed to him and you will see both using the radio station because Galkayo is a unique town containing all factions. They have learned to live together in peace.

Radio Galkayo has a special role in maintaining that peace among all groups. It plays a great role to bring people together.

Peace has been successful because Galkayo is small compared to the Capital Mogadishu and the Galkayo people of all sides are working together.  In Mogadishu the sides are still not at peace with each other.

The latest news from Somalia is that those opposed to Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf last weekend agreed to solve their conflict by joining the government in North East Somalia. That’s better than fighting.

It’s easy to use the word propoganda, terrorist or anti democratic and stay at home. I say go out into the world and help the people you say are so badly done by.

In fact anyone who would like to join with me and help ALL the people not just from one side or another are welcome. It does not matter what side people are on, HAMs Help All Mankind.

In your second post you said I have been using qrz for “personal money raising”.

That’s a very interesting statement but is it of FACT.

Will everyone on QRZ who has sent me money identify yourself and how much you sent.

In the last 2years I received $25 for the amateur radio training school of the Solomon Islands.

Any other donations have gone directly to the School in the Solomon Islands and not via myself.

No other donation for any other country or group in the world has come from anyone on QRZ. You invented that story.

HAM- Helping All Mankind is not about money. It’s about helping people where ever and when ever you can. It does not mater what is your race, religion or if the person you help has money or not.

In Ham radio money is not the frame of reference, people are.

Sam Voron VK2BVS
             Tel/Fax-61-2-94171066
    My Webpage

14. VK2BVS

Hello K2WH

You said “He is a major pacifist, he has never seen a dictator he did not like.”

I don’t like war and I am happy to talk to anyone.

I never had a gun. I never needed one. I never wanted one.
    I have a ham radio. I wanted one since I was 11 years old.

You could say the above is “wishy washy unintelligible drivel” but as a ham, a Helper of All Mankind its all I have to offer.

If you are looking for guns or fighters that’s not my scene but I know if I was in the corner I would need to fight. I am lucky that has never been part of my experience, no one threatened my life, no one took my land.

I am therefore privileged to meet all the people no one else wants or can meet and show friendship to strangers. It’s like calling CQ into the airwaves, you don’t know who you will meet in this world.

Referring to my cause you use the word “twisted”. My cause is HAM, Helper of All Mankind. For me it’s the best cause in the world.

Sam Voron VK2BVS
             Tel/Fax-61-2-94171066

My Webpage

15. VK2BVS

N4ADO,
    That is not the ham spirit.

Please remember what Nazi Germany was capable of doing when its people were fed on such an attitude.
    When you lose your humanity and are proud of it you do no credit to what your country and your hobby stand for.

You represent the strongest country in the world today. If you have strength of military you also must have strength of humanity to go with it so that you can use your power in wisdom.

What use is your hobby and everything your country has given and taught you?

If you dont know the evil that any people or nation that says it knows it is prejudiced and promotes the idea that a whole people can be written off please think again.

....Sam Voron, VK2BVS, Sydney, Australia.My Webpage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.