ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. HC2AQ

HC2AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

THE PERSON OR PERSONS (?) WORKING WITH THE CALL HC8GR ARE USING A CALL SIGN THAT DO NOT BELONG TO THEM, WE DON'T HAVE "SECOND OPERATORS". HE SAID IS A CLUB STATION CALL BUT IN ECUADOR THE CALL SIGNS ARE NOT FOR CLUBS OR INSTITUTIONS AND THE GALAPAGOS RADIO CLUB IS INACTIVE. ARRL AND CQ CONTEST SECTIONS HAS BEEN INFORMED BECAUSE WITH THIS CALL SOMEONE WORKED ILLEGALLY THE LASTS CONTESTS AND DXING WITH THAT CALL. ANY FURTHER INFORMATION MY EMAIL IS IN QRZ.COM .- HC2AQ, ALBERTO PINCAY

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

is this legit? HC8GR was active on more than just 160m recently - i worked HC8GR during the CW WW CW test on 40 and 80. is the misuse limited to the 160 contest and the days before it? i logged HC8GR on 160 on 4 Dec and 5 Dec

3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

HC8GR is listed in the QRZ database:
    HC8GR
    GUIDO E ROSILLO OJEDA
    Calle Isabela
    Pto Baquerizo Moreno, Isla San Cristobal,
    Galapagos Islands

And I seem to recall reading on the DXZone page
    http://www.donguido.com although that link doesn't seem to be working.

This sounds like an internal beef over how the call was used. This should be discussed between Guido Rosillo and Alberto Pincay before anyone trashes anyone over the situation.

4. HC2AQ

GALAPAGOS OPERATIONS UNDER HC8GR

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING MSG. 73 ALBERTO HC2AQ

5. HC2AQ

WHO IS OPERATING UNDER THE CALL HC8GR?
    CALLSIGNS ARE FOR US A KIND OF ID, ARE NOT TRANSFERABLES AND CAN'T BE "BORROWED" IN USA OR IN ECUADOR. NOBODY CAN WORK MULTI OPERATORS WITH A ONE PERSON CALL. SK6M TEAM (CHECK THEIR WEB SITE) WAS INVITED BY OUR CLUB TO OPERATE CQWWCW2008, THEY SENT US COPY OF PASSPORTS, LICENSES AND A PICTURE OF EACH OM, WE TOOK CARE OF THE RED TAPE AND TEMPORAL LICENSES WERE ISSUED BY SECRETARIA NACIONAL DE TELECOMUNICACIONES, THE USE OF THE CALL HD2M WAS AUTHORIZED, THE CONTEST WAS WORKED FROM LA GUADALUPE (SEE PICTURE IN QRZ.COM -HC2AQ, A PLACE NOT FOR RENT).
    USA HAMS CAN OPERATE IN ECUADOR USING HC-DISTRICT NUMBER/HOME CALL, HC HAMS HAVE THE SAME PRIVILEGES IN USA.
    OUR CLUB POSTED A COMPLAINT AT THE MENTIONED SECRETARIA.
    ANY HAM, VISITING GUAYAQUIL IS INVITED TO OPERATE FROM THE RANCH OR OUR QTHS, AS AN EFFORT TO KEEP OUR HOBBY IN OUR COUNTRY, BUT UNDER HC LAWS AND RULES. A BUZZ CAN BE PART OF THE INVITATION.
    WE CAN HELP IN GETTING SPECIAL CALLS FOR ANY EVENT TO HAMS THAT WISH TO WORK FROM ANY HC DISTRICT.
    IF SOMETHING IS AGAINST THE LAW AND RULES IS INVALID HERE AND EVERYWHERE. 73 ALBERTO, HC2AQ

6. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

According to what's been circulating on some of the DX reflectors, the operators used HC8GR's call instead of the HC8N call to honor him for all his years maintaining and hosting the station and it's myriad of operators.

It seemed like a nice gesture.

If they did so against strict adherence to the appropriate rules (of which I have no knowledge) that should be taken up with the operators.

Blasting them publicly, considering the circumstances, may be technically accurate, but frankly, it sure does come across as petty and nasty.

7. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

seems more like HC2AQ is mad that no one is operating from his place this year.

8. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like another HK3CQ mess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.