ad: CQMM-1

Ukrainians Lose 30m, part of 20m and other bands

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4ILO, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G4ILO

G4ILO Ham Member QRZ Page

2. G0DEZ

G0DEZ Guest

Sad to hear, although news doesn't seem to have filtered through to UX0FF regarding 30m.

3. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad sad Day Indeed..

That is not good at all..
    I heard a Ukrainian on 20m the other day with a nice pileup on him..

Hopefully better days lay ahead for our ham friends in the Ukraine...

Joe..
    WØIW

4. AB4OJ/SK2024

AB4OJ/SK2024 Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad to see national administrations disregarding the ITU allocations. Hope this does not start a trend.

5. G4LNA

G4LNA Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a shame, I wonder for what reason they have done this. There are a few more commercial transmissions appearing on the 30 Mtr band this last few weeks, I wonder if there is a connection?

6. W1ARL

W1ARL Ham Member QRZ Page

A Sad Day for the Ukraine

During its era under the Soviet Union, Ukrainians longed to be free. And when the Armenian earthquake hit in the 80s, the first meaningful communications with the West occurred, as Victor, UB5WE, began handling 3rd party traffic and negotiating the procurement of packet gear needed to help victims. (The gear was waylayed in Moscow by a Soviet ham/bureaucrat, Leonid Labutin, who is now deceased.)

Then the Soviet Union disintegrated, and Ukrainians were free at last.

Just when we have a normalized situation -- contacts consisting of more than name, location, signal report, the government, in its wisdom, is barring Ukranian hams from using the best bridge to the West: 20 meter's prime spectrum.

Those in power seem to have little view of how far its hams have come in being part of, rather than isolated from, the real world. An independent government, particularly, ought to have an appreciation for this hallowed heritage, not only preserving it and but teaching it to its young.

The Ukrainian is doing none of the above, as it appears to be taking a step backwards.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX

7. W0BKR

W0BKR Guest

Hopefully

Hopefully our Ukrainian friends will be more active on the other bands to make up for the losses..hate to hear that...seems like no where is amateur radio held with any regard...until a natural diaster hits and suddenly, amateur radio is called upon...a couple of months later..everyone has forgotten....

Only a matter of time...for us as well with the Feds...they want the spectrum...

8. UT4UT

UT4UT Ham Member QRZ Page

There is something wrong with information

Hello, there is something wrong with that information. The official website of Ukrainian Amateur Radioo League contains no ban or any sort of restrictions on usage of said frequencies. Check it here http://www.uarl.org.ua/regulations/IARU_info/bandplan.html

I've been terrified by the headline of this thread. 10 Mhz is my favorite recently HI....

9. G4LNA

Nick,
    What is that link, Julian G4ILO posted then? I am glad to hear it might not be true. It just show we should take everything we see on the Internet as true.

10. UT4UT

Well, I am not sure

I'll find out tomorrow about that. Nothing heard about that from UARL so far.... thanks for warning. I'll contact tomorrow the League authorities

11. UT4UT

I'll find out tomorrow, can't comment untill I hear opinion of authorities, I just skyped UT5UT founder and ex.president of Ukrainian Amateur Radio League and he said it is something wrong. On the other hand, the link given by G4ILO is official website of reginal branch of The Ukrainian State Centre of Radio Frequencies, and shall be taken seriously. I am now searching the central website in order to confirm the information. English version is here http://www.ucrf.gov.ua/en/

12. KA5S

KA5S Ham Member QRZ Page

Official site?

Страница не найдена

Cortland
    KA5S

13. UT4UT

Strange, I loaded the page successfully try http://www.ucrf.gov.ua/ and there swich language....

14. G4LNA

It loads OK here in the UK.

15. UT4UT

Right hand does not know what is left hand doing....

I guess the subject saying is quite true for Ukraine these days. The ban effective according to the link from 26.08.2009 i.e. it is valid for 5 days or so, and no one have heard about it. ...well, it is great propagation on 10 Mhz, some italians operating from IOTA islands and I have to suspend my QSOing on it... unitill tomorrow at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.