ad: cq2k-1

IARU locator maps

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G0GQK, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

IARU locator maps are available in PDF's for free downloading from http://iarumapsrussia.webs.com. From this page there are links to other pages. Maps are available for Russia, Canada,, USA,including Alaska and Hawaii, Mexico, islands of the West Indies, Australia, new Zealand, China,Japan, Philippine Islands, and all the countries in the continents of Africa and South America.

Kind regards, Mel G0GQK

2. SM4EMO

SM4EMO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Maps from Russia, phew!

This is what the server sez: "We are sorry, this site is unavailable because it has used up its monthly bandwidth. Please try back another time."
    So there are no maps to be had :(
    Ken

3. K2BET

K2BET Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to say....

Sorry to say that this appears at this point to be mostly a 'scam site'. I first received the above message but when I returned X2, on both occasions I received "You have won...." messages. In the first one I was dubbed as the "999,999th" site visit, on the second one it just indicated "You have won..." and even knew my home region location at that point.

NOT A VERY GOOD BET AT THIS WRITING..... !

Bruce, K2BET

4. G0GQK

Sorry about the problem downloading the maps. I've had problems finding a suitable free site, it seems I'll have to find a better one. Be back soon with a new one.

Kind regards, Mel G0GQK

5. K2BET

A fine fellow!

Just wanted everyone to know that Mel took the responsibility to contact me directly with regard to the download issue from the URL he provided. I appreciate that sort of responsiveness and want to offer the kudos to Mel he deserves for that. Looking forward to his new and improved download site when available.

Bruce, K2BET

6. KT7DAD

KT7DAD Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K2BET

Yup!

Use it all the time as well as many of Alex's other fine products!

k2bet

8. N9JPS

N9JPS Ham Member QRZ Page

What problems???

I had no problems whatsoever downloading all 50Meg+ of maps from the three different sites listed. I did it all in about 10 minutes the other evening. Neat maps and simple website. I get my internet through AT&T U-Verse and have very few problems with downloads.
    Good luck to all and 73,
    Bill, N9JPS:)

9. N9JPS

N9JPS Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, I see. I must have downloaded the other day right after Mel posted the map site. Oops! I must have used up the monthly bandwidth for the site downloading 50+ Meg of maps. Sorry, guys and gals! The phrase "nothing in life is free" comes to mind. Even if the site touts a "free" website for your use, there is a trade-off somewhere, like limiting the amount of bandwidth you can use in a set time period.
    73, Bill:D

10. G0GQK

Hello Everyone,

Bill, I think you probably did use all that was available, but I'm learning !
    Sorry about all the confusion. I've found a web host which I think might be OK and I hope I'm going to be back in business ASAP.

Bill downloaded the maps OK and I think he'll be seeing squares he never knew existed ! As far as I know, there are no other locator maps of Russia or Australia and China. My original drawings are twice the size and were taken from maps at a scale of 1:500,000 and I had to re-align the latitude and longitude lines because as you may know they don't match those on locator squares. Once again, my apologies to all.

Kind regards, Mel G0GQK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.