ad: CQMM-1

New QRZ Surveys - We Need Your Input

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Folks,

We're creating new software for QRZ and we'd like to get some more information about the capabilities of our users. We invite everyone to join in our simple, 1-click surveys about the types of computers you have, what kind of internet connection you use, and your monitor capabilities. We really appreciate your input so that we can design a more useful QRZ.

Please check out our new Survey Central forum.

2. K7VV

K7VV Ham Member QRZ Page

ok,

where's the survey?

3. PA5COR

PA5COR Ham Member QRZ Page

Click Survey Central wich is in blue

4. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Rather not ID my ISP

I run WIN XP and a Security Suite, Spybot S&D, looks for Spyware etc. I also found with IE8 Beta that there is now private browsing, not all sites welcome it and not all sites support IE 8.

I also plan on installing a Hardware firewall to lessen DoS attacks etc.. at a future date or LINUX FIREWALL have not decided yet.

5. N7WEJ

N7WEJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Survey

I'm with you K7VV, I would love to take the survey if I could find it..

6. PA5COR

Already filled in my details following the link :D

XP Pro, hardware firewall, software firewall, SystemSuite 9, (integrated firewall, spyware virusscanner and more), Software updated, Spybot Search & Destroy and some more stuff.

It helps beeing connected to a friends i.s.p. ;) he owns the firm.

7. PA5COR

Please check out our new Survey Central forum.

Click the Blue coloured link.....

8. KC8YHW

KC8YHW Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred, I am glad you asked. Out here in North Central Michigan. We only have one HS connection and his prices are outragous. The Telco does not have good copper so no DSL, actually two tin cans and kite string would be better.

I chose to locate here because I can have an antenna farm, My barn looks like a porcupine. I am at the high point of the county.

Point I am trying to make, when you do your web pages leave out all the bells and whistles as they take too long on dial-up, not all of us have access to High Speed.

I use Linux so only one Sat. Company will support me, No WiFi nearby, No Cable, I am the last customer out the phone wire, the last customer out the power line. Cell Phone is spotty, but HF is great here on the hill top.

From the QTH of The Extra Light. KC8YHW

9. AD7N

AD7N Ham Member QRZ Page

***Click Here*** for the survey central.

The survey is listed by questions as threads.

10. G0MUT

G0MUT Ham Member QRZ Page

spam and virus threads

the reason i do not put my e-mail address on qrz is the danger of virus and spam and other nasties, please tell us when all is safe otherwise thank you for the service 73
    G0MUT-L / PA3OZO

11. N8PU

N8PU Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting way of doing it Fred, the only thing I wish you would allow when posting is the ability to edit your own post, like the last post in the survey, I meant to use the 'preview post' and hit 'submit reply' by mistake, oh well. :eek:

I see that option is available here but not in the survey, I used it here to add this comment.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.