ad: elecraft

Airlink Express digital modes software available

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Airlink Express digital modes software available

A new Amateur Radio digital modes software package designed for the Microsoft Vista operating system is now available.

As well as Vista it is said the software will also run on Windows XP and offers PSK, MFSK and RTTY digital modes with logging and macro capabilities.

Airlink Express is built on the Microsoft .Net Framework. The logging information is stored in an Access database. This means that you can access this information if you have a copy of Microsoft Access running on your computer.

The logbook database can be exported to a file in ADIF (version 2) format so it can be imported into your favorite logging software.

Airlink Express can be downloded from
    http://www.airlinkexpress.org/

Don't wait all week for the news!
    Amateur Radio News - updated daily - 365 days per year

Get our News Headlines for your Website:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/index.htm

Send Us Your News Items:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/news/your_news.htm

2. N5SDH

N5SDH Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks interesting, and the price is right.
    Will have to try it out.
    73 and may the force be with you.

3. W0LPQ

W0LPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Strange, the Airlink Express started out as a Northwest Airlines Commuter flying SAAB SF-340 aircraft.

4. N5ARK

N5ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried downloading it and it said the Setup files are corrupted. Anyone else having that problem?

5. N5SDH

N5SDH Ham Member QRZ Page

So far so good.

I just downloaded and ran it with no problems.

6. G1GEV

G1GEV Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations

No problems downloading or using worked 7 countries in 20 mins using just 5w on 40m, keep up the great work,

73's and Regards

Kevin G1GEV

7. KB5DRJ

KB5DRJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice and simple

I like the simple setup. Works nice too. Didn't see a squelch function, but may have missed it. Looks good so far.

David KB5DRJ

8. KC8YHW

KC8YHW Ham Member QRZ Page

Did Not work here.

n5ark Your situation may be different. I use Linux for web surfing, if there is an application that I feel I want I download the app. onto a thumb drive. then carry the thumb drive out to the barn where the radios are. There is no phone out there and I don't want my windoz machine to get a virus. I plugged in the thumb drive and started the installer, however it wanted internet access to get the rest of the program. So no Airlink Express digital program for me, delete the :mad:files and respond to this forum.

From the QTH of Paul KC8YHW Mulford

9. KR1ST

KR1ST Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Squelch

The squelch function is present. Click on the level control and you will see a line appear indicating the squelch level. You can drag this line up and down to change the level.

--Alex KR1ST
    http://www.kr1st.com

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  10. K9FV

K9FV Ham Member QRZ Page

I installed on a computer just for checking and it had to access the internet to download a LARGE file - just how am I to load to my radio computer that has no internet access??? I did like the simple interface and setup - squelch is on the lower right side - I think that is the squelch anyway....

I sure was hoping to use this program because of it's simple interface.

My suggestion, on your website provide a link to download complete program so it can be installed without internet access.

73 de Ken H.

11. KR1ST

KR1ST Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Stand Alone Installation

Internet access is only needed to download the .Net Framework from the Microsoft web site if it is not already installed on your computer. If you want to do a stand alone install, load the ,Net Framework from Microsoft's web site and install that first and then install Airlink Express.

The .Net Framework can be obtained at:

.Net Framework 2.0 from Microsoft

--Alex KR1ST
    http://www.kr1st.com

12. KC8YHW

The Computer is in the barn

KR1ST The computer is out in the barn, no phone out there, only two tin cans and a kite string for the XYL to get a hold of me. A lot of those Microshaft programs will not down load with out being able to read the serial number of the OS installed in the computer. I am not going to lug that comp. into the house hook it up to try a piece of software, then lug it back out to the barn.

13. K9FV

K9FV Ham Member QRZ Page

Fast response - Alex just added a link to the download page so version 2.0 of .NET Framework can be downloaded as a single file to a flash drive. This allows installing to a computer that does not have internet access.

FAST service!!

73 de Ken H.

14. KC8YHW

Now I don't have an excuse. Thumb drives are so handy.

Well no I have no excuse, I will try that method and see.

What is this BS a whole truck load of manure, I have to down load a twenty two Meg file to run a program that almost fits on one floppy.

Are you microshaft users on the take from billy boy? I sure am glad that there is a GPL and open source software. This machine is on line and in use almost constantly and it has NEVER crashed, My laptop can not make a trip to Florida running Street Atlas with out locking up.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  15. KC8YHW

Latest update

Well sirs I waited two and one half hours for .net to download took the thumb drive with that and the application out to the barn only to have the computer inform me I need more resources to load .net into the computer some BS about not having program install or some other BS. I HATE MICRO :mad:SHAFT AND WIN:mad:BLOWS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.