ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec

To anyone at QRZ,

I have been waiting for alomost 3 weeks to get my Call Sign validated to get access into Echolink but have yet to receive any feedback upon sending in my licence (digital copy) to Echolink validation team. #
    Anyone who would be able to help me with seeking validation of perhaps contact person at Echolink to ensure I have access to Echolink immediately ?

Appreciate any help on this request.
    CALL SIGN : 9W2AKN
    ( nine, wiskey, two, alfa, kilo , november )
    MALAYSIA

Email : [email]ashok@maxis.net.my[/email]

QUOTE : The mintage of wisdom is to know that rest is rust, and that real life is in love, laughter and work.

You may want to check the Echolink Community Message Boards. #They have a forum there that you could ask on also.

Don - KCTNJ
    Previously - KCTNJ

Visit my web page - [url]http://kd0jbn.webs.com/[/url]

St Louis and Suburban Radio Club - [url]http://www.slsrc.org/[/url]

I went looking for a way to enquire for you and didn't find one. I would suggest trying the yahoo discussion group -

Echolink Group

They're a wealth of good information, in any case, and I think you'll get a quicker response there.
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7

I faxed in a copy of my license and then did an e-mail followup...

Deion "Mule" Christopher

K0MUL

When I signed up about 2 weeks ago, my call sign was validated in less than 5 minutes. This may be a silly question though, did you put your call sign in as "9W2AKN" as stated in this post? If so, that may be why...
    Brian

Pipe Creek, TX
    Bandera Co.

"1.21 Jigawatts?!?!......1.21 Jigawatts?!?!"
    -Doc Brown

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (k5brk @ Aug. 27 2005,18:11)]When I signed up about 2 weeks ago, my call sign was validated in less than 5 minutes. This may be a silly question though, did you put your call sign in as "9W2AKN" as stated in this post? If so, that may be why...
    Why would he use anything other than his Malaysian callsign?
    If they don't like it after he sent them a copy of the license, then there is something wrong.

Hii DXers,

Well, yes of course I have to put in my MALAYSIAN CALL SIGN : 9W2AKN . #

I just cannot think of a reason why I have yet to be validated. I made a digital copy of my licence but yet its never getting me anywhere, even not a single reply to my inquiry on my status sent many times to www.echolink.org.

Anyway have sent an email to the echolink team - Berney #W1CDM , and am currently awaiting for his advice .

Shall wait - but any help among fellow DXers would be greatly appreciated.
    MALAYSIA

QUOTE : The mintage of wisdom is to know that rest is rust, and that real life is in love, laughter and work.

I'm no subject matter expert but it could take quite a while to validate a foreign callsign. One other option that could work for validation is that if you use Logbook of the World (lotw), I believe that you can use your trusted qsl certificate to also validate your call for echolink. That could speed it up but of course is no good if you are not on lotw. Hope you get it worked out soon.
    N9VO (CTOC USN RET)

[COLOR="Blue"]In God we trust, All others we monitor![/COLOR]

Also as a follow up, for grins I sent an email to "validation@echolink.org" asking about your situation. They replied already and stated that they had sent you an email requesting a copy of your license clearly showing your callsign. They stated they have not yet received it. So guess the delay is in the waiting. And by the way, I didnt mean to butt into your business, was just trying to see if I could get some action for you.
    N9VO (CTOC USN RET)

[COLOR="Blue"]In God we trust, All others we monitor![/COLOR]

Dear Fellow N9VO ,

Thanks for the help- your butting into my business certainly did me a favour as I never received the reply from the Validation Team seeking a copy of my licence with clear CALL SIGN - visual.

This is great help to me - will forward them my new picture immediately.

Thanks fellow N9VO - proud to be a fellow DXer.
    MALAYSIA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast