ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov

My question is can the VOX respond to the accy 2 port audio in pins? Or does anyone have a sugestion on keying the radio on PSK31?

Ron
    wb8yfl
    wb8yfl@yahoo.com
    Ron Landrus
    WB8YFL

I'm not familiar with the radio, but the folks who sell the RASCAL interface sell a cable that interfaces to it, and it shows a PTT line in it going to the 13 PIN accy plug.

Here's a link - the cable # is CBL-KW13RY

RASCAL CABLES

You would use the RTS line in the serial port to key this line via the RASCAL, I believe.
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (WB8YFL @ April 27 2005,10:28)]My question is can the VOX respond to the accy 2 port audio in pins? Or does anyone have a sugestion on keying the radio on PSK31?

Ron
    wb8yfl
    wb8yfl@yahoo.com
    My thoughts are that VOX doesn't work on the accessory ports and that's a good thing. The last thing you want is to reboot your PC and have the VOX broadcast the Windows startup sound (like we haven't heard THAT before on the air).

The other problem with using VOX is that the level required to trip the VOX may be in excess of what you need to create a clean PSK signal. Just a smidgen too much on the audio drive will create a non-linear path and you'll have an over-abundant (meaning wide) signal on PSK and that's not appreciated by those sharing the neighborhood.

Visit
    http://www.qsl.net/wm2u/interface.html
    http://www.w5bbr.com/soundbd.html

Yes, my point was that you would use PTT, not VOX. Using VOX to do digital modes is usually not a good idea for the reasons stated previously.
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7