ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
    Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)

Default KC8YOQ

As many know I make available a list of the "bad guys" reported to be unreliable. The list is very popular, and I hope helpful. I have not put anyone on the list myself, but now must issue a warning against Ernie Rice, KC8YOQ.

On Feb 28, on this site, Ernie requested a donation of magazines for a friend who is a shut-in. If I can't attach it here, you can do a search for his call.

I replied and at some expense and considerable time made a custom carton, and shipped 40# of magazines to Ernie. Had to send it Parcel Post for $26.50, which Ernie agreed to. (You can't send magazines Media since they have ads). I sent Ernie a scan of the receipt. He said all was ok.

Ernie's ad said HE would pay the postage. On Mar 10 I got a message that he had "sent" (how?) the payment. I never received it. Later he said he had given the mags to his friend but that he was only the "middleman", and that payment was up to his friend.

This was never mentioned, and was not part of the deal. I know nothing about this "friend", and don't want to deal with another person. It is clearly up to Ernie to pay me then for HIM to make any other arrangements. It is now 14 Apr, and in spite of much time sending Ernie messages, I have not received reimbursement for my out-of-pocket cost of $26.50. Things would be different if this were a profit.

I do want to thank Ernie for his kind treatment of my good dead, and wish all the best for him and his family. I hope he sleeps well------ and LONG!! #

TOM K8ERV #Montrose Colo

I got a reply from Ernie. He gave an explanation that I don't agree with, but I can understand. He is trying again to get the shut-in to pay me. If I get paid I will retract my comments. I have sure wasted a LOT of time on this project.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Ernie still refuses to pay. I have asked him for contact info so I can check with his friend directly, which I really don't want to do. Will see if Ernie sends it. I am beginning to wonder if there is another person involved. The whole thing seems fishy to me.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

I gave the "shut in the address and all the info he needed to pay . I am not going to pay for something that I dont have. I keep telling him to pay but so far he has not done so. I understand the frustration as I am also. I should have had them shipped to his address ,but he would not have been able to get them off his porch.
    I hope that when he gets his ss check on the first he pays. You can be sure that I wont do this "favor" again

Sounds ok, but so far I have not gotten any contact info from Ernie so I can contact the recipient directly. Have requested this several times. I don't know who is supposed to pay. A most frustrating situation. My deal was with Ernie, NOT with his friend. Spending FAR too much time trying to collect.

I also won't do this "favor" again.

TOM K8ERV #Montrose Colo

Ernie says he is collecting the money due from his friend and will send it to me. Says there is a financial problem that I was not aware of. I offered to accept two split payments. Will see what happens.

There can always be difficult times, and I can be very patient. Sure it will work out.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

I think #you miss the point. Ernie promised to pay the ship. I donated the magazines to Ernie. I also donated considerable time and some materials to make a special ship carton. I sent Ernie a scan of the PO receipt and he approved of the transaction. I am not making a dime.

I am not trying to collect from Ernie's friend, that is up to Ernie. I am trying to collect the promised reimbursement from Ernie. It was not my intention to donate the ship cost to Ernie. He has still not paid.

TOM K8ERV #Montrose Colo

k3ey,
    The opinions section is just 2 sections down from this one.
    http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin....=SF;f=7
    This is not the place for your opinions. As I understand it, The feedback posts are only supposed for those actually involved in the deal.

Tom is a very well respected guy on these boards.
    Steve
    Macomb, IL

I have suspected the shut-in may not exist, but the only way Ernie could make any money on the deal is if the shut-in DID pay Ernie and he is sitting on my reimbursement. I am NOT accusing Ernie of this.

I did recently ask twice for Ernie to give me the friends phone number so I could clear this up, but no reply.

Ernie signs his messages "love and peace". Wonder why?

Oh well, it is not the lost money as much as it is my lost faith in another Ham. I will survive.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Interesting, where did you see his ad? I missed it.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast