ad: Schulman-1

Video footage with Drones Quadcopters

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC2UPN, Jun 25, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC2UPN

KC2UPN Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know if I'm more jealous of the antennas or the drones!! AWESOME!!

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

All you could see of mine is trees...but that was the point.

Chip W1YW

4. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good the see the Gent in the W2RE video being 100% tied off while he was climbing the tower. Don't see that very often on amateur related tower work. Nice video...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  5. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

How do they know where the camera is looking? I see on Amazon, it seems the controller has a smart phone attached. Probably wifi connected to the drone.

Is there another way of live viewing without a smart phone since I do not have one, a smart phone I mean.

K2WH

6. WD8BXS

WD8BXS Ham Member QRZ Page

7. M0ODV

M0ODV Ham Member QRZ Page

I need a drone so i can send a line up to a tall tree and hey presto a easy long wire installation.
    http://www.rtl-sdr.com/tag/quadcopter/

Predator and reaper drones openly broadcast video feeds.Skygrabber software and a receiver.however this may be a encrypted signal now.? maybe a way around that too.:cool:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  8. KU8L

KU8L Ham Member QRZ Page

THey use a wireless video data link. Many of the drones are billed as FPV or first person view. Pilots eye view from the drone to your googles or a small screen. THe integration of technology is incredible in just a few years.

KU8L

9. N0IRS

N0IRS Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KI6ADA

KI6ADA Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I had the space for antenna farm.. fun videos and very entertaining to watch!

11. KB0YYO

KB0YYO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Some controllers have a video screen . Also there are goggles that let you see everything the camera sees. Getting to be pretty standard now. Our son is pretty heavy into the RC helicopters. Drone is not the right term to use. Just RC Controlled Helos.

12. KK4VRE

KK4VRE Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. There are a few alternatives depending on the sophistication / size of the drone, but the most common is a 2.4 GHz link with the drone to a dedicated monitor (generally in the 7 inch size) connected to a R/C video transceiver.
    The aircraft you see in these videos are drones, specifically quadracopters (4 bladed), but there are even larger configurations (6 blade, etc). Helicopters have a different configuration, having a main and tail rotor.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  13. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Please do post your good crashes also.

That is about the only cool Video I have been able to record.

You have to spend $1000 + to get out of the Toy range.

14. EA5ON

EA5ON Guest

15. N2LEE

N2LEE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is one of the most impressive quadcopter videos I have ever seen.

https://youtu.be/f1BgzIZRfT8

(a drone is an Air Force aircraft that carries weapons).

"The sky-high climb he filmed near Salem with his co-worker Kevin Schmidt has surpassed 2 million views on YouTube and now plays internationally. Thorin is the proprietor of Prairie Aerial Photography."

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015