ad: AbAuRe-1

FAMOUS ham-radio & VIP's OM ...update list today !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, May 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>14</w:HyphenationZone> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> UPDATE in my article “FAMOUS and VIPs Ham-Radio in the world” :

- news hams added

- news about Gagarin was a amateur (new photo ! )

- now is over 40 pages !!

My article in PDF is download free in the middle of my web site down the
    “RADIOAMATORI” (in jellow) section, here:

http://rodolfo-parisio.jimdo.com/nuovi-articoli-2015/

Best 73 de Rudy – IW2BSF [ ISS Stay Tuned ]

[​IMG]

in the photo Princess Elettra Marconi "on air " !

<!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabella normale"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Rudy--

Kindly pass along the exact link this time(the above is not it). I enjoy testing my rudimentary Italian, but there's really too much to navigate to find the right PDF.

Ciao!

Chip W1YW

3. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Rudy,

You have us both here! Chip the FAMOUS Ham and myself, THE VIP Ham. Please make sure our names are spelled correctly. Chip with one "p" and Charlie with an "ie", noy "y".

Felicità a voi,
    Charlie

4. IW2BSF

hi hi....

direct LINK here :

rodolfo-parisio.jimdo.com/app/download/8353913085/OM+Famosi+nel+mondo+-+Famous+Ham-Radio+Amateurs+Radio+and+VIPs+in+the+world+%5B2015+by+IW2BSF%5D.pdf?t=1432572804

5. N4EPD

N4EPD Ham Member QRZ Page

How do I get it translated into English ?? I get an error that it is protected.

direct LINK here :

rodolfo-parisio.jimdo.com/app/download/8353913085/OM+Famosi+nel+mondo+-+Famous+Ham-Radio+Amateurs+Radio+and+VIPs+in+the+world+%5B2015+by+IW2BSF%5D.pdf?t=1432572804[/QUOTE]

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Heheh!

Actually Charlie, I was interested in seeing who was on the list: I already know all about me....

One person to remove is Jim Croce. He was not a ham: his dad was the ham, and had the same name. I have this from an email confirmation from Croce's widow. She runs a great restaurant in San Diego; BTW Jamie Croce, their son, is one helluva musucian and performer.

Chip W1YW

7. IW2BSF

hi.......in next time i translate in english

73 de iw2bsf

8. K1DNR

K1DNR Ham Member QRZ Page

Google has this really cool translate thingy... it took me about 10s using search for text to find it. Apprezzo hai condiviso l'articolo, ringrazio il mio amico

and although its been said many times, many ways... SAMANTHA CRISTOFETTI IS HOT HOT HOT!

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: eeeeee, align: right"][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Page 1[/FONT][/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

9. K1DNR

K1DNR Ham Member QRZ Page

F3 - SEARCH FOR TEXT

Here's the gist from Google Translate: condensed - that means no pictures, and the spaces are left out and the grammar/translation is mechanical and imperfect - Thank you again Rodolfo for your hard work and enthusiasm sharing this with us.

Page 1
    OM FAMOUS IN THE WORLD © 2015 IW2BSF - Rodolfo Parisio Reproduction prohibited by law allowed only upon request to the author. OM ITALIAN FAMOUS Guglielmo Marconi (for Onorem!) (Sk) I1ACD Adriano DUCATI (sk) Founder dell'S.SRD (Ducati Radio) Adriano Ducati
    Page 2
    I1JGM John GELOSO (Sk) Founder of the company GELOSO ing. Jealous I3FR John FRACARRO (sk) Founder of Industries Antenna Fracarro MILESTONES ITALIAN I1MT Salomon First station shortwave I1GN Gnesutta Before speriment. Trans. in speech I1NO Marietti First dilet. with over 1000 stations conn. USA I1RG Montu ' First conn. with New Zealand (founder ARI) I1AU Road First connection with Australia I1AV Fontana First connection with Japan I1MQ Ada Garibaldi Ricchetti before YL Italian operator in CW The first stations were Italian: 1MT operated by Giulio Salom in Venice 1ACD Adriano Ducati. Should there be other stations but these were the first authorized.
    Page 3
    ITALIAN FAMOUS I0FCG Senator Francesco Cossiga, former Italian president I2AY Pippo Fontana and I2FI Narciso Pagan designers rtx of GELOSO I2NSF Ambrogio Fogar Explorer / Navigator (SK) famous worldwide voyager / explorer Famous for the travel and famous for its show "Jonathan Size Adventure" together his faithful dog Armaduk. We remember his words: "Amateur radio operators are shadows girlfriends Traveller sea. The voices and the life that continue somewhere. The voices that cut through obsessive and too long of certain solitudes. Many of them were my friends. They have followed and loved. Faces hidden and unimaginable that I will never see. But to them I have the strength to be always arrived at their destination. " I4NE Nerio Blacks author of books and electronic texts OM I4SN Marino Miceli author of books and electronic radio propagation On I0ZME. Zamberletti ex-Minister Prot. Civil I8XNG Antonio Gava, Hon. Lawyer. Former Minister Prof. I2LNB Dott. Leonardo Corbo dirett.gen.Protezione Civil I2CUK Carlo Camerini, Music Director - La Scala - Milan I2DMH Domenico Giglietti, Baritone - La Scala - Milan I2LHZ Giuliano Galli, Cellist - La Scala - Milan IT9PAK Orazio Pennisi Actor, Philanthropist, Numismatic (SK)
    Page 4
    ASTRONAUTS OM IZ6ERU Roberto Vittori IZ0JPA Paolo Nespoli KF5KDP Luca Parmitano IZ0UDF Samatha Cristoforetti (first Italian woman in space) Famous radio amateurs in the world SOVEREIGN and PRINCIPLES 3A0AG Alberto Grimaldi, Prince of Monaco SK
    Page 5
    9K2CS Mohamed Yousuf Al-Sabah, Prince of Kuwait 9M2TR Tunku A. Rahman, Prince of Johor, Malaysia A41AA Qaboos Bin Said Al-Said, Sultan of 'Oman A71AP Sheikh Hamad Bin Al Khalifa Al Thani, Qatar's Sheikh A92AK Sheikh Hamed Bin Isa Al Khalifa, Sheikh of Bahrain CN8MH King Hassan II, King of Morocco SK EA0JC Juan Carlos, King of Spain the famous QSL King on-air! HS1A Bhumiphol Adulayadej, King of Thailand HS1D Maha Chakri Sirindhorm, Prince of Thailand HS1LY Titiphan, Prince of Thailand
    Page 6
    HZ1AA King Fahd King of Saudi Arabia HZ1FM Mashaal Bin Faisal Al Saud, Prince of Saudi Arabia HZ1NA Naief Bin Abdel Aziz, Prince of Saudi Arabia HZ1TA Talal Bin Abdel Aziz Al Said, Prince of Saudi Arabia HZ1TC Waleed Bin Talal Bin Abdel Aziz, Prince of Saudi Arabia SU1VN Prince Talal, Prince of 'Saudi Arabia JY1 King Hussein, King of Jordan SK King Hussein SK QSL King Hussein of Jordan JY1NH Queen Noor, Queen of Jordan JY2HT Prince Hassan, brother of King Hussein JY2RZ Prince Raad, Royal Jordan Radio Amateur Society VU2HHJ Sawai Bhawani Singh, Prince of 'India OE3AH Anton von Habsburg sk
    Page 7
    Heads of State Ministers Senators CE3GP General Augusto Pinochet, former President of Chile CP1CL Dr. Hugo Banzer, former President of Bolivia 9X1A Gregiore Kaylbanda former president (?) I0FCG Francesco Cossiga, Senator former President of the Italian Republic The QSL Cossiga I0ZME Giuseppe Zamberletti, Honorable Former Minister I8XNG Antonio Gava, Honorable Professor Lawyer Former Minister JA5FHB Katsutsugu Sekiya, Japan's minister of communications JI1KIT Keizo Obuchi, Minister of Japan K2ZCZ George Patacki, Former Governor USA K7UGA Barry Goldwater, US Senator LU1SM Carlos Saul Menem, former President of Argentina Menem
    Page 8
    OA4FB Belaunte Fernando Terry, former President of Peru OD5LE Emil Lahoud, President of Lebanon PY1JKO Juscelino Kubitschek de Oliveira, former President of Brazil SK VU2RG Rajiv Ghandi, Prime Minister of India SK VU2SON Sonia Ghandi - Political personality Indiana (Italian and wife of the son of Ghandi) W2TQ Joel Miller, Attorney USA W3ACE Armin Meyer, US Ambassador to Japan XE1K Walter Cross Buchanan, Former Minister of Mexico YN1AS General Anastacio Somoza, former President of Nicaragua SK YU1RL Radivoje Lazarevic, Ambassador of the FRY in Brazil ZK1AN Sir Thomas Davis, President of the Cook Islands YD2JKW Yoko Widodo President of Indonesia W6ZH Herbert Hoover Jr. son of former president uses SK VK2KB Sir Allan Fairhall Statesman PRIME YL OM I1MQ Ada Garibaldi Ricchetti before YL Italian operator in CW In North America the first YL notes were Miss MS Colville, XDD, of Bowmanville, Ontario in 1914 and Emma Chandler of St. Mary, Ohio (8NH, W8NH) in 1915.
    Page 9
    The first women as amateur radio in the United Kingdom were Barbara Dunn G6YL and Nelly Corry G2YL in the early 1930s. The Young Ladies' Radio League, a US group created expressly for women amateur radio, was founded in 1939 with membership in both North America and worldwide. The CW code "33", which means "love sealed with friendship and mutual respect between one and the other YL ", it was coined by Clara Reger, W2RUF and officially adopted by YLRL in 1940. The first convention YLRL took place in Santa Monica, CA 24-25 June 1955. MILITARY - HEROES OF WAR W6EZV Curtis Le May American General - Military legend SK K4ZVZ Paul W.Tibbets Hero of War USA K0DWC Lt.General Francis Griswold US General OM CENTENARI I6DST Scipione di Stefano CW - Know Marconi (SK 101 years to April 2015) VK4HA Harry Angel centenary
    Page 10
    YOUNG OM In Italy we have 3 well with license taken just 12 years I remember but can not find more, I think of a child of only 4 or 6 years ... ..I think maybe japan? WA4BBC Faith Hannah 10 years KG7HBY Sam Case 11 years WX4TVJ Zaccaria Lea 12 years old KD8UAY Tyler Hammond, 13 years
    Page 11
    KF3NYQ Brandon Byrd of only 11 years with his certification DX Century Club. (Source: WL0X) Artists, Musicians and Actors I2CUK Carlo Camerini, Music director of La Scala in Milan I2DMH Domenico Giletti, Baritone at La Scala in Milan I2LHZ Giuliano Galli, Cellist at La Scala in Milan I4NE Nerio Blacks, Author books for amateurs FO5GC Marlon Brando, Actor SK
    Page 12
    G2DQU Sir Brian Rix, Actor and Philanthropist G3EUJ Gillie Potter Comedian (the squire of Frogmorton) SK W2MFW Jerry Schatz, Actor WB6RER Andy Devine Cowboy movie actor W6QUT Freeman Gosden, Actor SK KI6M Stu Gilliam, Comedian N6KGB Stewart Granger, Actor (born James Stewart) SK NZ6N Randy Powell actor (he was WA0QZW) K7DA Clifford Stoll, Actor Author Scientist KI6M Stu Gilliam Actor N6CKF Lloyd Bochner Actor "Colby" SK WA7WYU Andy Griffith Actor "Lawyer Matlock" W6FY Ben Mose Film Producer KD6OY Garry Shankling Comedian K6DUE Roy Neal, Television famous character uses K6DXK Ernest P. Lehman. Writer Producer Director Actor
    Page 13
    K2ORS Jean Shepard, Character Television SK WA2MKI Larry Ferrari, TV personality Musician KD6OY Garry Shandling, Character Television KD6WUS Hug h Downs, Character Television N6FTT ? Talk radio host KA7EVD Donnie Osmond entertainer K6KHJ Beau Weaver, DJ W6OBB Art Bell, Character Radio KB7LPW Len Winkler Character Radio talk K4LIB Artur Godfrey TV Performer SK K6IR Ken Miller executives of many companies K6RFU Albert Glasser score features films WB6ACU Joe Walsh, singer and writer of the lyrics of "EAGLES" W6UK Alvino Rey, Musician KX2Z Tony Bonjovi cousin of Bon Jovi KN4UB Larry Junstrom Rock musician G0HEP John Lees Musician of Barclay James Harvest N6FUP Stu Cooks Musician, Bassist RAC N6GGM Laura XYL of N6FUP K0HWY Tex Beneke, Musician Band Leader KD4WUJ Patty Loveless, Singer of Country Music WD4LZC Larnelle Harris, singer Country Music WN30QW Jim Croce Singer - songwriter KN4UB Larry Junstrom, Rock musician (bass player in .38 special)
    Page 14
    KA6HVA Burl Ives Actor, singer and writer folk music uses W4CGP Chet Atkins, Songwriter WB4KCG Ronnie Milsap, Songwriter KA6HVA Burl Ives, Musician and singer SK XE1GGO Enrique Guzman, Singer XE1MMM Jorge Vargas, Singer VK2AHZ Ted Morton singer SK W4ZG Worth Gruelle, Author KG7JF Jeff Duntemann, Author K2ORS Jean Shepard author - actor KA6UXR Dr.alex Comfort author of "The Joy of Sex" N6YOS Priscilla Presley, actress and XYL of Elvis Presley W2SKE Bill Leonard Former President of the "CBS NEWS" SK W2TQ Joel Miller Famous lawyer
    Page 15
    Reporters, meteorologists G3YLA Jim Bacon Television meteorologist KC4OCA Gordon Barnes Meteorologist KB2GSD Walter Cronkite Television journalist SK K4LIB Arthur Godfrey Television journalist SK N4KET David French Television journalist CNN K6DUE Roy Neal Hinkel Television journalist SK Sports Athletes Firsters AI6M Barry Friedman, Juggler Multichampion World I2NF Ambrogio Fogar, Global Explorer (SK) Fogar SK KB2HLI Joe Walsh, Record holder (SK) M0SDX Sergei Rebrov, Soccer player N6FUP Stu Cooks, Baseball player NK7U Joe Rudy, Baseball player
    Page 16
    G4CEZ Bill Kitchen World Champion '56 Speedway SK VK6TP Tommy Price Alias ​​G3KDH Pilot Speedway KB6LQR Jeana Yaeger Pilot / adventurer Around the world Voyager -1986 KB6LQS Dick Rutan " " " " Other Amateur Radio Famous JA1MP Sako Hasegawa, Founder of "YAESU" W0CXX Arthur Collins Founder of "Collins Radio"
    Page 17
    J3BB Masaru Ibuka, founder of the "SONY" JK1SIU Norio Ohga, Sony Corporate Executive JP1DPJ Akio Morita, Sony Corporate Executive K1OKI Mickey Schulhof, Director of "SONY US" G3YLA Jim Bacon, Meteorologist Television Tailor K1JT Joe Jr., Scientist Nobel Prize for Physics in 1993 KB1HIK Miss Dava Newman deputy administrator of NASA WA6BND / WV6VLY Steve ' Woz ' Wozniak Apple co-founder K2HEP John Sculley, former CEO of "APPLE" and Pepsi Cola
    Page 18
    W7DUK Nolan Bushnell, Founder of "ATARI" AI6M Barry Friedman Video Game Programmer W6JKV James Treybig CEO of Tandem Computers KD6BUP James Treybig jr. son of the CEO of Tandem Computers K4ZVZ Paul W. Tibbets, Pilot "ENOLA GAY" N4RH Ralph Haller, Head of the "FCC PRB" KG7JF Jeff Duntemann author and publicist of Corolis Group NE2Q Jay Kolinsky inventor of alarm systems KB6LQR Jeana Yeager, Pilot Adventurer KB6LQS Dick Rutan, Pilot Adventurer N6GGM Laura Cooks, XYL of N6FUP N6NHG Kevin Mitnick, Cracker computer wanted until 1995 N4RH Ralph Haller FCC PRB chief KB6OLJ Paul J. Cohen, Mathematical TI2DR MD David Ruben author of "Everything you wanted to know ..." K9QVL V. Robert Hanssen, Former FBI Special Agent become spy VK2DIK Dick Smith, Billionaire entrepreneur W8PAL Al Gross, Inventor Pioneer Communications SK VK2EF Sir Ernest Fisk Pioneer of Radio SK VK3JU Ross Hull Pioneer of Radio SK VK4HA Harry Angel, Pioneer of the Australian Amateur Radio SK W6FFZ Samuel FB Morse III Great-grandson of Morse and CW Recordman W2ZGU John Campbell publisher ANALOG SK W6QHS David B. Leeson President of the "California Microwave" W6ZH Herbert Hoover III President of the "ARRL" W1AW Hiram Percy Maxim Radio pioneer American
    Page 19
    (September 2, 1869 - February 17, 1936) was an American pioneer and inventor of the radio, and co- founder of the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). Originally call with SNY, 1WH, 1ZM, (after World War I) 1AW, and then later W1AW, which is now the name of the station at the headquarters of the ARRL. Its rotary spark-gap transmitter "Old Betsy" was a place of honor at the headquarters ARRL. WA6TJM David L. Angel President of the "ISD INC." XE1N Manuel Medina Manufacturer 1st line Telegraph Nat. SK VK2KB Sir Allan Fairhall, Statesman W6QYH Roger Mahony Cardinal of Los Angeles. 9N1MM Father Marshall Moran Mission in Nepal The CQ Magazine American announced its 2015 Hall of Fame. It groups the HAM that have made ​​significant contributions to our hobby; or for their professional career or to another aspect of life on our planet. to 2,015 recruits (listed alphabetically) are added: Tim Allen, KK6OTD - actor and star of the ABC comedy, "Last Man Standing", to which the his character is also a om, Mike Baxter, KA0XTT. Charles Apgar, former 2MN (SK) - see 'broadcasts German spy by the coast station Telefunken WSL in New York during the First World War. Dan Benishek, KB8TOW - Congressman of Michigan. Doctor and lawyer war veterans Greg Walden, W7EQI - Congressman of 'Oregon. Chairman of the Subcommittee the Chamber for Communications and Technology Olof Lundberg, G0CKV - industry leading satellite communications for a quarter century. Founder and CEO of Inmarsat; founder, CEO and Chairman of ICO Global Communications and CEO of Globalstar, Inc. Bre Pettis, W2BRE - pioneer of 3D printing and founder of MakerBot. Alvino Rey, W6UK (SK) - musician, leader of the swing era, Rey is considered the father of
    Page 20
    electric guitar and inventor of the talk box, pickups and other electronic music devices. It has He combined his love of music with his love of radio to transform the world of music. Bob Twiggs, KE6QMD - Co-inventor of the standard of CubeSat satellites. Joko "Jokowi" Widodo, YD2JKW - President of Indonesia. DX and CQ Contest and DX Hall of Fame The DX and CQ Contest Hall of Fame honor those amateurs who not only excel in terms of personal performance in these major areas of amateur radio, but who also "give back" for the hobby in an exceptional manner. Yasuo "Zorro" Miyazawa, JH1AJT - is a DXer, DXpeditioner, educator and philanthropist. Zorro is the founder and CEO of the Group Seisa, who runs schools in different countries; and founder / CEO of the Global Foundation for Children, which provides medical support and education for children in Japan, Bhutan, Myanmar, Cambodia and Bangladesh. Zorro has also contributed to promote amateur radio or reintroduce in many of these places, and donated money and / or equipment to help the amateurs in rare places get or stay on the air. Michael Wells, G7VJR - is founder of Club Log, a tool log-hosting DXpedition online It changed the face of the DXpedition operating, among other things, allows operators to load their registers, while still on the air and allow hams around the world whether they are "Registry" in a given band or mode. Michael is a DXpeditioner himself, having been part of major operations and a half-dozen to function by 25 different entities in the last 10 DX years. Doug Grant, K1DG - is not only a contest of the world, but did not hesitate to share His knowledge and skills with others. It has built or helped build several stations championship contest, is a founding member of the Yankee Clipper Contest Club, a director and founder of the World Wide Radio Operators Foundation, is an instructor of regular competition University and ran the Forum Contest at Dayton Hamvention® in the last 20 years. In addition, Doug has participated in five World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTCs), and has medaled three times. Ward Silver, N0AX - was a contest for over four decades and operated by some of the stations top competition in the world, spanning four continents. The founder world competitions Radiosport Team Championship (WRTC) in 1990, Ward currently secretary of the Sanctions Committee WRTC. He is also president of the Foundation YASME, supporting DXpeditions and contest operations worldwide, QST disputes publisher and author of Ham Radio for Dummies and Circuitbuilding Do-It-Yourself For Dummies.
    Page 21
    IZ7FMM, Alex Danish by now already famous across North America They 'an Italian immigrant who lives in Surrey and SARC member, operate one of the radio stations more' competitive in voice. All radios are assisted by computer and equipped with special software for the "Contest". THE PATRON SAINT OF OM SP3RN Father Maximilian Kolbe (sk - martyr concentration camp of Auschwitz) Proclaimed a saint and martyr October 10, 1982 by John Paul II
    Page 22
    Scientists, mathematicians, inventors OM G3TZH Tony Dolby Inventor (?) With the brother of the "Dolby System" Some say it's just the brother of the inventor. G5RV Louis Varney Inventor of the "G5RV Antenna" SK KA1ZX Banks Inventor of the missiles "PATRIOT" KB6OLJ Paul J. Cohen Mathematical SK
    Page 23
    N6LC George Sweigert Inventor of the "Cordless" SK (was W8ZIS) VK4HH Normann Hurrl, (former VK2BC) Inventor VK5AX Alf Traeger Inventor SK NE2Q Jay Kolinsky inventor of alarm systems W8PAL Al Gross Inventor, Engineer, Pioneer Radio SK XE1GC Guillermo Gonzales Inventor of the "CRT in Color" SK W6NRM Robert Weitbrietch Physical SK K1JT Joe Taylor jr. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1993 K7TA Clifford Stoll Astronomer, Author (Cockoo's Egg) W8JK John Kraus, Astronomer KH6IJ Kathasi Nose Physical, Publisher SK VK2AXN Keith Adler formal head of AAEC KB6OLJ Paul J Cohen - famous American mathematician N5YYV Kathy Sullivan - Chief Scientist of NOAA KH6IJ Katashi Nose Radio columnist and professor of physics SK VK2AHU Dick Huey Professor Emeritus (was VK2HU) W9GFZ Grote Reber built 'the first modern radio telescope in the early 1940s WA6TWX Kent Cullers is blind astrophysicist who did all the software signal analysis for the NASA SETI program - it was depicted in the movie Contact. W8JK John Kraus has designed and built the Big Ear radio telescope at Ohio State University W1HFA Paul Horowitz Engineer Electronic known primarily for the US his work in electronic design, and less for its role in the search for intelligence extraterrestrial SETI. Designed and built spectrum analyzers META and BETA mega- channel for Universita 'Harvard.
    Page 24
    Radio SETI project I4BBE Ing. Sinigalia SK one of the fathers of Italian radio astronomy and inventor of the radio telescope in Medicine Bologna.
    Page 25
    The Northern Cross one of the largest radio telescopes in the world, second only to Arecibo (Puerto Rico). Antennas in Medicina (BO) I4BBE was one of the first to apply the FET and diode gunn in oscillators! L 'and a collecting area' of about 27,000 square meters in 5632 from dipoles tuned and operating in UHF within a band of a few MHz to 408 MHz with the center. As can be seen, this center band is relatively close to that of 432 MHz, of use common in Amateur Radio that have not failed to propose and then use that lucky occasion. For November 19, 1975 a group of OM ARI Bologna, at 23.50, using only one sixth of the branch EW of the Cross they have connected for the first time from 'Italy, on 432 MHz in CW, the Swedish SK6AB station, run by students of the universities' Gothenburg. Important clarification is that the historic 1975 CW QSOs in 432 was EME moon bouncing. Easy to imagine a circumstance in the controlled use and professional competence by the OM Bologna led by an employee (I1BER / 4) I4BER today. Special call II4 CDN (Northern Cross), from October 1 to December 31, 2014 to celebrate the 50 years since the foundation of the Radio Telescope of Medicine "Northern Cross".
    Page 26
    At the initiative of the ARI of Bologna "Gianfranco Sinigaglia I4BBE", which counts among its members Goliardo Tomassetti I4BER which saw the birth of the radio telescope of Medicine (Bo) in 1964 together with Gianfranco Sinigaglia I4BBE (SK). Official site of the Cross Northern Italian: http://www.med.ira.inaf.it/ TEAM ITAMSAT that has built and put into orbit in 1993 Oscar-26 - Itamsat I2KBD Alberto Emilio Zagni
    Page 27
    Astronauts OM UA1LO Yuri Gagarin, First Cosmonaut SK (name given in 2009 to other OM!?) Gagarin was a yes or no OM? The first statement noted that Yuri Gagarin suggested to be an amateur radio operator and 'the March / April 1981 in the journal Orbit, primary publication of AMSAT-NA. It was in an article by Joe
    Page 28
    Kasser, G3ZCZ, [the editor of Orbit] entitled "A History of Amateur Radio in space. Part 2". The article states that Yuri Gagarin, the first person to fly in space, was UA1LO. Shortly after 1981 it appeared an article or editorial Wayne Green, W2NSD, and spoke of him "Done" which was UA1LO Yuri Gagarin. From colleague Patrizia: "It is a historic photo of when Gagarin went 'visiting the Club U5ARTEK radio. The radio club has already told me that it was an OM. He had been at the radio club in 1966. The radio club He had also activation to remember Gagarin visited the radio club. " (Tnx to colleague Patrizia Bezeredy IZ1ORU) R0MIR Valery Korzun (legendary commander of mir and also an honorary member of MIR Fan Club Italy!)
    Page 29
    Korzun RZ3FK the legendary QSL RO3FT Talgat Musabayev Cosmonaut U2MIR-UV3AM Musa Manarov, Cosmonaut The two Russian cosmonauts aboard the ISS from 'April 2015 (call RS0ISS)
    Page 30
    COJO3 = Russian SOJUZ [the Russian space shuttle] GB1MIR Helen Sharman, Astronaut 7L2NJY Dr. Momoru Mohri, Astronaut W5LFL Owen Gariott Astronaut WA4SIR Ronald Anthony Parise Astronaut, Scientist SK KB5UAC Colin Michael Foale Astronaut, Astrophysicist KC5HBR Jerry Leninger Astronaut KC5TZQ John Elmer Blaha Astronaut KC5ZTA Koichi Wakata Astronaut KD5EDS Eileen Collins Astronaut N5LFL Kathy Sullivan Astronaut, Scientist N5QWL Jay Apt Astronaut, Scientist KB6LQR Jeana Yeager pilot-astronuata KB6LQS Dick Rutan - pilot-astronaut W0ORE Tony England - Astronaut HB9CN Claude Nicollier Astronaut DF4TR Thomas Reiter Astronaut DL1MIR Klaus Dietrich Flade Astronaut DL2KM Ernst Messerschmid Astronaut DL2MIR Reinhold Ewald Astronaut DP3MIR Dr. Ulf Merbold, Alias ​​DB1KM Astronaut OE0MIR Franz Viehbock Astronaut ON1AFD Dirk Frimout Astronaut, Astrophysicist KG6FZX Dennis Tito, Billionaire, first tourist in space
    Page 31
    N6CO former QSL Manager MIR USA F5KAM former QSL Manager MIR Europe F1MOJ Europe ARISS QSL Manager - Europe, Africa and the Middle East
    Page 32
    WA3NMN Radio Club at NASA GODDARD RV3DR Sergej Samburov - Manager Club RK3 Russia
    Page 33
    RV3DR Sergei Samburov educates Russian cosmonauts on using the Kenwood D-710 form when ZVEDA I am at Star City in Moscow. photo Amsat UK Sergey Samburov RV3DR with ARISSat-1
    Page 34
    Kenneth N5VHO instead he instructs the astronauts or NASA European use of Ericsson in the form Columbus when I'm at Johnson Space Center in Houston (Texas) IZ6ERU Roberto Vittori and 'was the first Italian astronaut om! IZ0JPA Paolo Nespoli
    Page 35
    KF5KDP Luca Parmitano (om but call American) Over 200 QSOs with amateurs on earth !!! Luca who signs his own hand the cards, a real om!
    Page 36
    IZ0UDF Samatha Cristoforetti the first Italian woman in space No radio link within 6 months with the Amateur Radio on the ground ...... QSL of the old ISS New ISS QSL card
    Page 37
    NAME NAME AX5MIR Andrew SW Thomas DB5PL Renate Brümmer DD6CF Reinhard Furrer (SK Sept. 09.1995) DG1KIH Hans Schlegel DG1KIL Gerhard Thiele DG1KIM Ulrich Walter DG2KM Ernst Messerschmidt DB1KM Ulf Merbold DF4TR Thomas Reiter DL1MIR Klaus-Dietrich Flade- DL2MIR Reinhard Ewald DP1MIR Klaus-Dietrich Flade- DP3MIR Ulf Merbold F5MIR Michel Tognini F6MIR Jean-Pierre Haignere FX0STB Jean-Pierre Haignere FX0STD Leopold Eyharts GB1MIR Helen Sharman HA5SIK Charles Simonyi HB9CN Cloude Nicollier IZ6ERU Robert Vittori IZ0JPA Paolo Nespoli K5ZJ Robert H. Goddard KB4YSY Norman Thagard (Expired licenses) KB5AWP Kenneth D. Cameron KB5BTK or KC5BTK Janice Voss Ford KB5CKM or KC5CKM Richard A. Searfoss
    Page 38
    KB5SIW Dick Richards KB5SIX Ellen S. Baker KB5TZZ Ellen Ochoa KB5UAC C. Michael Foale KB5UAH Kenneth Cockrell KB5YSQ Charles J. Precourt KB5YSR Stephen Steve Oswald KB6LQR Jeana Yeager KB6LQS Dick Rutan KC2ONX Greg Olsen (Tourist) KC5ACR WS McArthur Jr. KC5AXA Marty Fettman KC5ETH Ronald M. Sega KC5FVF Donald A.Thomas KC5HBR Jerry Linenger (Expired licenses) KC5HBS Lloyd Blaine Hammond (expired licenses) KC5HBV Robert D. Cabana KC5KII Wendy B. Lawrence KC5MGA William G. Gregory (Expired licenses) KC5MGF Tamara E. Jernigan KC5OZX Nancy J. Currie (Expired licenses) KC5RGG Pedro Duque KC5RNI James D. Halsell KC5RNJ / VA3OOG Chris Hadfield KC5RSY Scott Parazynski KC5TEU Kevin P.Chilton KC5TIE Carl E. Walz KC5TZQ John E. Blaha KC5VPF Dave Wolf KC5WKF Marsha S. Ivins KC5WKG Jean-Francois Clervoy KC5WKI Timothy J. Creamer KC5WKJ Edward T. Lu KC5WKK Carlos I. Noriega KC5ZSU Laurel B. Clark (Crewmbr. Shuttle Columbia, SK 02/2003) KC5ZSV Yvonne D. Cagle KC5ZSW James M. Kelly KC5ZSX Daniel C. Burbank KC5ZSY Charles J. Camarda KC5ZSZ Paul W. Richards KC5ZTA Koichi Wakata KC5ZTB Lisa M. Nowak KC5ZTC David M. Brown (Crewmbr. Shuttle Columbia, SK 02/2003) KC5ZTD Peggy A. Whitson KC5ZTE Richard A. Mastraccio KC5ZTF John M. Grunsfeld KC5ZTH Catherine G. Coleman KC7NHZ Susan J. Gelms (Expired licenses) KD5AOS Vladimir Titov (also U1MIR)
    Page 39
    KD5CHF Andrew SW Thomas KD5DCB Bonnie Dunbar KD5DXB Shannon Walker KD5DXD Winston E. Scott KD5DXE Daniel M. Tani KD5DZC Stephen N. Frick KD5DZE Stephanie D. Wilson KD5EDS Eileen M. Collins KD5EJZ Michel Tognini KD5ESI Kalpana Chawla (Crewmbr. Shuttle Columbia, SK 02/2003) KD5FVF Donald Thomas KD5GSL William (Bill) Shepherd KD5JBP Kenneth Bowersox KD5MDT Donald Pettit KD5MIJ Michael R. Barratt KD5OPQ Frank Culbertson KD5PLB Sunita Williams KD5PNU or KC5PNU Daniel W. Bursch KD5PKY Nicholas Patrick KD5PKZ Greg Chamitoff KD5PLA Clay Anderson KD5TVP Soichi Noguchi KD5TVQ Jeffrey Williams KD5TVR Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper KD5TXE Daniel Tani KD5VNP Barbara Morgan KE4IQB Charles Bolden Jr. KE4RFI Fernando Caldeiro KE5AIT Mike Fincke KE5BRW Leroy Chiao KE5CGR Christer Fuglesang KE5DAR Joseph Acaba KE5DAS Naoko Yamazaki KE5DAT Dorothy Metcalf-Lindenburger KE5DAU Richard Arnold KE5DAV Jose Hernandez KE5DAW Satoshi Furukawa KE5DNI Akihiko Hoshide KE5DRY John Phillips KE5FNO Leopold Eyharts KE5FYE Sandra Magnus KE5GGX Robert Behnken KE5GJN Nichole Stott KE5GTK Michael Lopez-Alegria KE5HAE Garrett Reisman KE5HOC Tom Mashburn KE5HOD Shane Kimbrough KE5HOE Jim Dutton KE5UDN Timothy Kopra KE7KDP Charles Simonyi (Tourist) KF5AQG Mike Fossum
    Page 40
    KF5GPO Ron Garan KF5GPP Kevin Ford KF5KDP Luca Parmitano KF5KDR Chris Cassidy KF5LJG Michael Hopkins KF5ONO Alexander Gerst KG6FZX Dennis Tito (Tourist) N3TQA Samuel T. Durrance N4BQW Charles E. Brady Jr. (SK July 23, 2006) N5QWL Jay Apt N5RAW Steven R. Nagel N5RAX Linda Godwin N5SCW Jerry L. Ross N5WQC David Leestma N5WQW Brian Duffy N5YYV Kathryn Sullivan (Expired licenses) OE0MIR Franz Viehboeck ON1AFD Dirk Frimout ON1DWN Frank De Winne PE1LFO Wubbo J. Ockels PI9ISS André Kuipers PY0AEB Marcos Pontes R2MIR Alexander Poleschuk R3MIR Juri Usachew (Also UA3AD) R4MIR Nikolai Budarin RA3DT Yuri Lonchakov RK3AP Alexander Aleksandrov RK3DOG Yuri Gidzenko RK3DUD Vladimir Dezhurov RK3DUO Yuri Onufrienko RK3DUP Yuri Malenchenko RN3BF Mikhail Kornienko RN3BS Sergey Revin RN3DT Gennady Padalka RN3DX Oleg Kononenko RN3FH Konstantin Kozeev
    Page 41
    RN3FI Fyodor N. Yurchikhin RN3FU Oleg Skripothka RO3FT Talgat Musabayev RU3DIS Sergey Volkov RV3BS Pavel Vinogradov RV3FB Nikolai Budarin RV3DD Vladimir Dzhanibekov RV3DP Alexandr Poleshuk RV3DR Sergey Samburov Club Manager RK3 Russia RV3DW Sergey Avdejev RV3FB Nikolai Budarin RW3FU Yuri Usachev RZ3FK Valery Korzun (R0MIR member MFC Italy) RZ3FT Mikhail Tyurin RZ3FU Sergey Treschev U1MIR Vladimir Titov (Also KD5AOS) U2MIR Musa Manarov (Also UV3AM) U3MIR Valery Poljakow U3MIR Sergej Adewy U4MIR Aleksander Volkov U5MIR Sergey Krikalev (Also UZ3AK) U6MIR Alexander Viktorenko U6MIR Gennadi Strekalow U6MIR Anatoly Soloweni U7MIR Anatoly Artsebarsky U7MIR Alexander Balandin U7MIR Alexander Serebrow U8MIR Gennadi Strekalow U8MIR Alexander (Sascha) Kaleri U9MIR Sergey Avdejev (Also RV3DW) U9MIR Gennady Manakow U9MIR Victor Afanasijew UA1LO Yuri Gagarin (SK March 1968) UV3AM Musa Manarov UZ3AK Sergey Krikalev UZ3AP Aleksandr Aleksandrov VA3CSA Robert Thirsk VA3OOG Chris Hadfield VK5MIR Andrew SW Thomas (Also KD5CHF) W0ORE Antony England WA4SIR Ronald A. Parise (SK May 8, 2008)
    Page 42
    WB0QMZ Scott Vangen W4NYZ John David Bartoe W5KWQ Richard Garriott (Tourist) W5LFL Owen Garriott W5RAP Tony England ZSRSA Mark Shuttleworth 7L2NJY Mamoru Mohri 9W2MUS Shukor Sheikh M. WONDERFUL video with American child who tries to connect the space station ISS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxU1ZhINaHk The new Deputy Administrator of NASA is a radio amateur and woman! Professor Dava Newman KB1HIK was sworn in as Deputy Chief NASA, May 15, 2015 from his office at MIT in Massachusetts uses. His appointment was confirmed by the US Senate on April 27 administrator NASA Charles Bolden (ex KE4IQB) said: "I am happy with the Senate confirmation of Dr. Dava Newman to be the deputy administrator of NASA. The strong bipartisan support Dr.
    Page 43
    Newman has received in the Senate is a reflection of its well-earned reputation and fame as leader overall in the field of science and technology research and policy. " INSTITUTIONS FAMOUS The Smithsonian Institute around 1976 had the name: NN3SI Jet Propulsion Labs had a lot of special names in the '70s (N6V was a name for a special event run by the crew at JPL W6VIO). CONTACT W9GFZ used in the film of 2000 with Jodie Foster and 'the call that belongs to NATIONAL RADIO ASTRONOMY OBSERVATORY ARC, NRAO POBOX 0, SOCORRO, NM 87801 USA W1AW, which is now the name of the station at the headquarters of the ARRL. (Derived from W1AW Hiram Percy Maxim Radio pioneer American - 1936)
    Page 44
    IY4FGM and made ​​payable to the foundation marconi ... Elected Princess (Princess Elettra Marconi ) Has only the ordinary license by amateur (2001) but not the license and hence the name. Princess in radio!
    Page 45
    the famous QSL The Marconi Memorial Amateur Radio Station, and 'it located at the Grifone (current location of the Guglielmo Marconi Foundation) at Pontecchio Marconi, Bologna. http://www.radiomarconi.com/marconi/xelettra.html Connecting the Princess Elettra Marconi Pontecchio between the station and the station Poldhu https://www.facebook.com/nicola.greco.16/videos/842885349125224/?fref=nf MARS Military Affiliate Radio System Specially authorized Amateur Radio operators assisting with military communications needs. Technically there are no "BANDE MARS" 'in itself, but this abbreviation is used to describe the parts of the spectrum that may occur MARS operations. The MARS using military frequencies that are meant to be confidential and not published officially to the public, although there are many reports of SWL online.
    Page 46
    Most, but not all frequencies Mars in HF are very close to the limits of the bands amateur radio, from a few to a few hundred KHz above or below them. The MARS is a program sponsored by the US Department of Defense as program administered separately from 'Army, Navy and Air Force. It uses an auxiliary civil, with licensed amateur radio by operators and therefore are assisting with military communications at the local, national and international, in addition Communications normal. The MARS program also include active duty, reservists and National Guard units; Navy, Marine Corps, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration ship, and the Coast Guard and ground stations. It has a force of well over 5,000 volunteer radio operators! The organization that led to the Military Auxiliary Radio System called AARS 'wascreated in November 1925 by some dedicated pioneers in the United States Army Signal Corps and led by Captain Thomas C. Rives. the MARS program today is the direct descendant of the work of those early pioneers. The MARS was officially established August 17, 1962, and has started operating on 1 January 1963. The program name was changed again to the current Military Auxiliary Radio System the23 December 2009. MARS continues to be active today. Its main mission is to provide communications Emergency for the Department of Defense and the military services. MARS is available to provide communications for the defense and support to civil authorities (DSCA), such as FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security.
    Page 47
    The MARS provides auxiliary communications for the military, federal officials, civilians, in disasters during periods of emergency. They assist the military and other organizations carrying normal communications in emergency conditions. an operator MARS, AAT3OT ---------------------------------------------- The Americans with Names N and the A They have been used since 1948 .
    Page 48
    currently in the form of: AFA # Xxx for USAF the US Air Force, NNN # Xxx for the US Navy, the US Navy AAA # xxx for US Army the US Army The first calls were MARS with N0 xxxThe names from N1 to N9 reserved for Aircraft. such aircraft marina (N)
    Page 49
    © 2015 IW2BSF - Rodolfo Parisio Reproduction prohibited by law allowed only upon request to the author.

10. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see the most famous ham of all time on the list: SK Jean Shepherd, W9QWN/K2ORS ...excelsior!

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

There are so many propagated errors on this list its hardly worth trying to correct. Copying and pasting from previous, error-ridden list is not helpful.

Here's an especially egregious example: Bre Pettis is not W2BRE.

And just out of curiosity, why is W1HFA listed...has he found something up there?

Do we get famous for failing (IMO) nowadays:=-)?

Chip W1YW

12. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What about .
    Theo Cohn.N4XX writer, author,propagation expert, DXer ?

That list is a Total Mess.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  13. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

AD5X,Phil,Engineer,Builder,Author,Scientist...DXer.
    many other outstanding Radio Amatures are
    left out or not mentioned.

Lets get the Data correct....

14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"In God We Trust--All others Pay Cash"-- Jean's collection was used to produce the 'Christmas Story' film--one of the most watched movies of all time, and narrated by Jean himself.

"YOU'LL SHOOT YER EYE OUT KID"; "Ho...Ho...Hoooooooo"; Farkis!FRAGILLAY!
    "He lay there like a slug. It was his only defense..."

Chip W1YW

15. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

no joke, I was so naive, I signed up for a "major american novelist" course in high school thinking Shep's tome was going to be on the list!

Scarlet letter my FOOT! THAT's how famous I thought he was.

If you ever have time, go listen to his collection of WOR broadcasts some time. Classic radio.

Please don't leave Shep off the "famous hams" list!