ad: MyersEng-1

KG-UV9D Wouxun HT now developed

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KG4RRN, May 22, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Wouxun Electronics in China has now developed a new (revised) HT which will pick up the recieve AM aircraft band and the 700-900 analog frequencies(in narrowband) in addition to 144-148 and 440-450 TX ham bands.
    The radio can be seen and spec. on the wouxun website.
    Having used the KG-UV8D, I am appreciative of Wouxun's committment to providing high quality standards for their radios.
    I currently think the Japanese radios are over-priced and early in my hobby contributed untold dollars to the ICOM D-STAR radios , only to be disappointed with them no longer being made like the V82 and U82, which were solid handie talkies. The radios made now are so puny, and not made like their commercial counter parts. I got the UV8D because of the price, but also because of the FM radio which I use regularly when I go bicycle riding.Accessories are always available and larger battery packs and programming is free as a download as long as you buy the cable.
    An old Icom A2T is in the inventory now, but the battery pack cost the same as a ICOM modern HT battery.
    I'm not sure whether it(KG-UV9D) will pick up anything, but the digital trunking freqs. will probably be the next model.
    There is also rumored a 5 GHz internet ham developed internet linking project going on in the Area which
    requires a minimum investment in equipment and software, via radios.
    Technology marches on comrade ....
    73 all,
    BOB