ad: chuckmartin

Leonard J. D'Airo K2CDS 06/19/1926 - 09/25/2011

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WD4RAY, May 21, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WD4RAY

WD4RAY Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

I look for as many Silent Keys as I can find, your posting here about K2CDS has allowed me to edit his QRZ page to show he is SK.

Thank You for posting the sad news here. I shall forward this to the ARRL so they can Honor Leonard in a future QST magazine as having become Silent Key.

I feel it important to Honor our Departed Friends this way.

Leonard J. D Airo, K2CDS SK

SK September 25, 2011

Leonard J. D'Airo
    (June 19, 1926 - September 25, 2011)

D’AIRO, Leonard J., 85, of Bellaire, Ohio, died September 25, 2011 at Cumberland Pointe Care Center.

He was born June 19, 1926 in Brooklyn, New York son of the late Joseph and Beatrice Porcari D’Airo.

Leonard was a retired Electronics Engineer and owner of Island Engineering. He was a U.S. Navy Veteran of World War II; a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Neffs; a member of the Northern Panhandle Radio Club and the American Radio Relay League.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his first wife, Josephine D’Airo.

Surviving are his wife, Nancy Varner D’Airo; two stepchildren, Melissa Hodgson and Patrick Varner; a granddaughter, Ashley Varner; a great grandson, Alexander Padgett; two sisters-in-law, Lucy Francesca and Patricia Daugherty; a brother-in-law, Blaine Smith; several nieces and nephews; four children, Joseph D’Airo, Anne Marie D’Airo, Victor D’Airo and Leonora Sutton and their families of New York.

Family and friends will be received on Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m. at Toothman Funeral Home in St. Clairsville, and again on Wednesday from Noon until time of services at 1 p.m. with Pastor Ashley Steele officiating. Burial will follow in Warnock Cemetery.

Belmont County Council of American Legions will conduct Full Military Honors on Wednesday at 1 p.m. at the funeral home.

http://www.toothmanfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1270030