ad: CQMM-1

Live Streaming Audio of Nepal Amateur Radio Comms

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NN2NN, Apr 26, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NN2NN

NN2NN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This website has Live streaming audio of the Amateur Radio communications on 14.205 MHz for the Nepal earthquake.

14.300.net - http://14300.net/avlinks.html

Best regards,
    Steve NN2NN
    14300.net

2. G7FQW

G7FQW Ham Member QRZ Page

You can also listen on one of the many websdr sites.
    see http://websdr.org/ for a list

But I cannot hear anything now.

3. N6DZK

N6DZK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What part of "Emergency traffic only", "standby and listen", "Keep the frequency clear", and "No QSO, or DX-peditions" do people not understand?

4. K7LAG

K7LAG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a new ham, so please excuse my noobness, but as far as I've been able to tell, 99% of the time there ISN'T any traffic being passed on these frequencies at all, it's people holding them down just in case. So if there isn't any emergency traffic to be passed, is it really justified to hold down a frequency for it?

Also, from what I have heard, when there IS traffic, it's almost exclusively welfare checks, which are pretty much by definition NOT emergency traffic.

Am I just not hearing the majority of what's been happening on these frequencies?

5. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Those Nets are trying to help out as best they can ( through a lot of deliberate jamming ).

Best most of us can do is donate to the Red Cross / Salvation Army Nepal Relief funds.

KH6/G3SEA

6. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Good questions. 20+ years ago, Amateur radio played a more significant part in passing true, emergency traffic in and out of disaster areas (long haul comms). Now it's pretty rare.

Holding down a frequency for an emergency net is not what they need - money that translates into supplies/services is what they need.

Steve
    KV6O

7. K5TED

K5TED Ham Member QRZ Page

If even one relief effort is directed, one victim fed, or one life saved as a result of this frequency being left open for potential emergency traffic, it is worth infinitely more than any temporary inconvenience to would-be casual or contesting users of a 3kHz slot on 20m.

This is a third world country with little infrastructure and possibly major damage to cellular networks.

8. GW6CZE

GW6CZE Ham Member QRZ Page

Why the hell are you whinging and whining about a small spot that you cannot use for a bit> It beggars belief that with the whole of the radio spectrum to play with you want to use that piece. The fact you cannot hear anything doesnt mean theres no traffic ,suggest you re read the propogation section of your training manual. I would also get a band plan as your the one likely to tx all over the sstv,cw,data sections too.

9. DK3LQ

DK3LQ Guest

If not interested in the present emergeny com aktivities just let 14205 and 14215 kHz to those who are.

Bernd
    DK3LQ

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It sounds like the same bickering that always happens when a net comes on.

Who is on first.

There are other frequencies to play on, But there may not be net stations to jam, On a unused frequency.

Have Fun