ad: ProAudio-1

TRAGEDY IN NEPAL

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4GNR, Apr 26, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N4GNR

N4GNR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

On Saturday, April25, 2015 a monster 7.9 earthquake hit Nepal and the slopes of Mt. Everest...latest numbers are 2,200 confirmed dead and growing.
    A Halifax U.K. Ham,A65DR-Paul Hardcastle, who was living and working out of Dubai, United Arab Emirates was at Mt. Everest base camp.
    He has not been heard from as of now. Base camp at 10,000 ft elevation where Paul, A65DR was, was populated with more than 1,000 climbers
    from all over the world. Please be in prayer for all these people....communications are poor, and power is only solar and battery for
    those who have it. Devastation is huge

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for this snap shot of the horror in Nepal.

Obviously many of us would like to help in this long-term $olution, but there are as yet few clear paths on the international effort, in part from Nepal's sovereignity or sense of it being undermined. We should assume that the refugee situation will help lead to faster turning of the wheel. Frankly waiting seems to be the present action. I have worked A65DR on several occasions. We hope for Paul's survival and quick return.

Chip W1YW

3. N8XJ

N8XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I know Paul, and I have information via one of his Facebook friends that he and his XYL are okay and safe in Kathmandu. To confirm this, I have sent Paul's friend a message (and am waiting for his reply). 73, Joel A65BX in Abu Dhabi

4. N4GNR

N4GNR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

PRAISE THE LORD....Paul A65DR,, is OK...I have had many reports they are fine.....God answers PRAYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. N8XJ

N8XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just heard that Paul and his wife are flying back to Dubai on the 29th, so all is good...

6. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Since he was at Everest I will give you all a taste of what that group at base camp went through, in case you have not seen it. Seventeen people died in this. It's raw and the butt pucker factor approaches infinity. You've been warned.

[video=youtube;_JC_wIWUC2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JC_wIWUC2U[/video]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

:)

Chip W1YW

8. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Best most of us can do at this point is donate to the Red Cross / Salvation Army Nepal relief funds.

I have heard a couple of Nets on 14.205 & 14.215 trying to coordinate shipments of VHF HT's to Nepal.

KH6/G3SEA

9. VU2PEP

VU2PEP Ham Member QRZ Page

If u have any info on a65dr please pass it on to me, I am in touch with 9n1aa. Any phograph cell phone numer. The last call details of the calls made and received . My e-mail id is pepindia @ yahoo.com