ad: M2Ant-1

William O. Weatherford, KM5FT SK April 5, 2015

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Apr 26, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

William O. Weatherford, KM5FT SK

SK April 5, 2015

1216276-01-1_20150425.jpg

QCWA Number: 32237

William Osina Weatherford, born in Oakland, AR on November 2, 1936, passed from this earth on April 5, 2015.

After four years in the Air Force, Bill joined the Foreign Service of the Department of State, from which he retired in 1995 and moved to Albuquerque. During his 35 years of government service he lived and served in nine countries on all continents except Australia and Antarctica.

An avid ham radio operator since his teenage years, Bill was a member of ARRL and several local ham clubs.
    Bill and his wife joined the Zia Roamers chapter of New Mexico Good Sams and were very active in both the chapter and state organization. They were fortunate enough to be able to continue their travels throughout Canada, Mexico and the United States.

He is survived by his wife of over 53 years, Judith Rahorn; sons Stephen and wife Joy Pihid, and Gregory and wife Susann Cokal; sister Margaret Sanger; grandchildren Riley, Maia, Rhys, David and Henry Weather-ford, and K.C., A.J, and Mic Pihid; and great-granddaughter Scarlett.
    Also mourning his passage are Kennette Stiles Weatherford, Denise Shannon, and Kaylee Cunningham as well as many friends and acquaintances.

Interment will be at the National Cemetery in Santa Fe.
    A celebration of his life will be held at the family home on May 2 from 4-6 pm.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in his name to Roadrunner Food Bank or Heifer International.

Published in Albuquerque Journal on Apr. 25, 2015 -

See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ab...eatherford&pid=174716826#sthash.Uq3POaD0.dpuf

From Bill's QRZ Biography.

I am a retired U.S. Foreign Service communications officer. I spent 35 years with the U.S. Department of State, serving in ten countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and South America. My first license was WN0HLR, one of the first Novice licenses, back in the early 1950's. I did not upgrade and went off the air until 1965 when I was again licensed as WA0NDF. During my Foreign Service career I was fortunate enough to be able to operate as HL5X, HL9UI, YA1NDF, WA0NDF/DV1, and TU4CQ. In addition to those calls, I was also issued, but never operated, TU2SW and HS0ZBX.

I retired in September, 1995, and have been in Albuquerque since November of that year.
    I enjoy RTTY and PSK-31 operations and chase a bit of DX in both modes.