ad: elecraft

Jenkins Ferry battle field.

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W5WPS, Apr 15, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W5WPS

W5WPS Ham Member QRZ Page

4/26/15 call sign W5A. 12:00-4:00 central standard time. QSL information will be put on KG5CUN site by the time of event. Bands, 40 and up.
    The battle took place on 4/30/1864. This will be my first special event station and will have 4 operators one being my dad, WB5AOC. KJ5FA, a good friend has jumped aboard and has helped tremendously, also his first special.
    Look forward to talking to you.

73's
    KG5CUN

2. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Frequencies/modes?

3. W5WPS

SSB. As far as frequencies go, we will work 40 and up.

4. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Forgive me for the question I'm about to ask - I just got back on the air after many years gone. Much has changed, including an increase in special event operations.

I get it that you will be operating on the phone portion of 40m band and higher bands. But can you narrow that down to a frequency or range of frequencies on each band? Or is that just not done for special event ops? Or is there a well-known special event freq that just isn't well-known to me?

Thanks and 73, Steve

5. KJ6UFY

KJ6UFY Ham Member QRZ Page

The south shall rise again, someday, eventually, I guess it really depends.

6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll make a point of trying to work you from the SHILOH Battlefield National Park in Tn

7. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My great Great grandfather founded the town of Ferry Jenkins AR,and I had a great who ran a ferry across the Mississippi River.In the Ar musem (SP) some place there is supposed to be a model of it.

8. W5WPS

Hello gents, the QSL info is on my page.
    KG5CUN.
    73's
    Martin.

9. W5WPS

Awesome. We will start on 40 to catch the local boys, the south will rise again, and move up!

10. N4AOC

N4AOC Ham Member QRZ Page

My great grandfather is buried at Shiloh in TN that would be KG5CUN's GGF.
    WB5AOC