ad: TinyPaddle-1

Tutorial - Using the new routing function in RT Systems featuring RFinder

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Tutorial - Using the new routing function in RT Systems featuring RFinder

Once again RFinder and RT Systems have partnered to kick radio programming up a notch. This tutorial will show you how to get the most out of RT and RFinder! We want to thank Rod Thompson of RT Systems for programming this into the RT Systems Radio Programmer suite!

The latest update to RT Systems includes integrated routing featuring RFinder - The World Wide Repeater Directory.

No more uploading files, just define your route and press a button. Instantly repeaters along your route are ready to write into your radio.

No more exporting, massaging data or importing. Just perform an online update to your RT Systems software Version 4 or above and you will have this new exciting feature...

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gaeRzcnNNdQ?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="422" width="750"></iframe>

RFinder has 50.000+ repeaters in over 170 countries. Now repeaters over a route can be written into over 190 VHF/UHF radio models. Nearly anywhere in the world. Crossing country and state borders.

So, go from Aberdeen to St. Ives or Kagoshima to Aomori via Yokohama or Signal Hill Newfoundland to San Diego California via Winnipeg and Vancouver!
    If you have an Android or iOS device, get your first year with purchase of the RFinder app on Android and iPhone for only $9.99USD!

Please like our video and share with your friends...find us on Facebook and please like us there to hear about the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/rfinderwwrd .

RFinder is the official repeater directory of Radio Amateurs Canada. Canadian Hams that purchase RFinder support RAC.
    RFinder is the official repeater directory app of Radio Society of Great Britain. UK Hams that purchase RFinder support RSGB.

Bob W2CYK

More info:
    Web: www.rfinder.net
    FB: www.facebook.com/rfinderwwrd (please like and share!)
    email: w2cyk@rfinder.net
    US: +1 631.610.5120
    UK: +44 0 1234923021
    JP: +81 345795839

[​IMG]

Follow Southgate News on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

2. KG5EXW

KG5EXW Ham Member QRZ Page

It pays to read the small print.
    On their website RT Systems state that a subscription to RFinder is needed for this.
    Mentioning this small but important fact in the marketing blurb posted here would have been the honest thing to do.
    (http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/default.asp)

3. W2CYK

W2CYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Chris...unfortunately you didn't read the coarse print or the fine print LOL...it says clearly above what the cost for RFinder is and in the video description on YouTube also it clearly states it...not sure how you missed it!

TX for your support ;)

Bob W2CYK
    Creator and Purveyor!

4. KG5EXW

KG5EXW Ham Member QRZ Page

I was replying to the post here, not any videos or other such. And this post mentions an update but "forgets" to mention that for the update to work you need an annual subscription to RFinder for $ 9.95.

But hey ... what do I know? Negligible details like that probably don't worry the average ham.

RTSystems certainly do have my support cos they make fine software :cool:

Chris KG5EXW
    Buyer and User!

5. W2CYK

Chris...

It clearly states in the original post...."If you have an Android or iOS device, get your first year with purchase of the RFinder app on Android and iPhone for only $9.99USD!"

This exists in the original post, and the video post, and any pages that link to it. Sorry you missed it...

Just sayin' is all ;)

Bob :)

6. WZ4K

WZ4K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The route feature, both on the RFinder web site and in the RT Systems programmer - is a great capability!

Initially, with my FTM-350R programmer, I couldn't see the route feature - only the radius feature. I tried to update from within the program and it reported that all was up-to-date. On a hunch, I went to the RT Systems web site and discovered that there was/is, indeed, an issue with updating from within the programmer software. Here is a link to the FAQ page where there is a link to update v.4 SW to the latest revision - this solved my missing Route feature:
    https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/help_answer.asp?ID=17#305
    Scroll down until you see the "Updating Version 4 Programmers" at the bottom of the page.

73, Howard

7. W2CYK

Howard...Thanks for the kind words and the link! I will put that link in the tutorial video description! I hadn't heard of the issue...but good to know there is solution..,.

73's...Bob

8. NG7E

NG7E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Chris,

I've had HT's and mobile's in the past, but migrated away from them due to the lack of software which would update/program the radio via the path i was taking. I'm currently in Arizona and drive frequently to California along I10, so, if you're software will program all of the repeaters along my path, you've have a new subscriber!!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

O.C.

9. W2CYK

I've got great news! No, I didn't switch to Geico...that is exactly what the RFinder connection from RT Systems does! Go get a programmer from your local ham store or www.rtsystemsinc.com. Read this post from your phone and click on http://www.rfinder.net/RTRouting.htm. Towards the bottom of that page you will see a "Get RFinder Here" link...should take you right to the app in your respective app store (Android or iPhone/iPad)...just download it, put your email, call and password in and you are good to go...the video on the video above will show you exactly what to do in RT Systems! TX for your support!

73's de W2CYK
    Bob

10. WB0LNS

WB0LNS Ham Member QRZ Page

After walking into my own walls, Bob's attitude was beyond courteous and professional. I will be looking for opportunities to do business with him in the future.:)

11. W2CYK

Thanks for the kind words Mike...how did you like the Routing feature in RT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.