ad: Retevis-1

HRD Spring Update; New Release. 6.2.9.354

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD Software, LLC announces the release of Version 6.2.9.354 today. This is a maintenance release for HRD that addresses a variety of bug fixes in Logbook as well as enhancement additions. Users that have purchased HRD 6.0 and later will get the bug fixes at no charge, even those who have not yet renewed their license.

“This release is a very important Ham Radio Deluxe release. Users will be pleased with many of the most common fixes and enhancements being completed” says managing partner and lead development officer Rick Ruhl, W4PC. Testing by HRD’s QA and its fine beta team confirms that HRD is a stable platform.

In the latest release, developers addressed various issues including a fix for the Icom IC-7600 split button; auto-update of the country list has been repaired; label printing has been improved, including support for various label printers, and ADIF uploads to ClubLog were also restored. Several additional enhancements within Logbook improve functionality of the Add Log Entry window.

Details of all updates are available as release notes on the download page of our website. Enhancements are only available to those who have renewed their subscription license, conveniently done at the HRD Website: http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?pid=8. Those who wish to purchase the full version of Ham Radio Deluxe can do so at http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?pid=1. You can also call HRD at 813-434-4650 for both sales and support.

As always, HRD is available to “try before you buy,” with a FREE 30-day trial that includes live technical support. Now is the best time ever to try out HRD or renew your support package!

Purchase and download Ham Radio Deluxe 6.2 at http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com.

HRD Paid support: http://tickets.hrdsoftwarellc.com

HRD Peer Support Forum: http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com

HRD YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/hrdsoftware

2. KA3YAN

KA3YAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the update Rick. Any word on when we'll be seeing JT-65 HF support in HRD?

3. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, of course, we are so hard at work on this... John is on it 100%, but as you know, we are moving code from Fortran to C++. not an easy task...

4. W4ABC

W4ABC Ham Member QRZ Page

Good work, Rick and company.

Always appreciated.

Jon Pearl - W4ABC

5. VK5IR

VK5IR Ham Member QRZ Page

When will you integrate a voice keyer similar to what N1MM has?

6. DK5DC

DK5DC Guest

Nice to hear. Unfortunately, I'm one of the first supporters of V6.x who paid ,did not get even the worst bugs fixed in the first year and had to 'renew' a year later. to get a, well slightly enhanced environment. Which I did not do. Quite frankly, implementing basic features such as a working major award tracking and basic handling of electronic qsling is fundamental to modern operating support Software and shouldn't be seen as chargeable features.
    Needless to say, I switched to another, maybe not THAT colorfull and fancy suite of Support Programs. Does the Job. Different business model though.
    Peter

7. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

That's another on the list. You are just talking about wav files.. or are you guys interested in an interface like the MFJ-434 or the W9XT stuff.

8. W2TMD

W2TMD Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh Boy here we go again.LOL. Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money. I better shut up or I'll be band again . LOL

9. EI4GIB

EI4GIB Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to the 21st Century! Fortran? Really? Please work hard on the UX and UI, Some parts of HRD currently don't look much more than a colourful Excel Spreadsheet. Ease of use and a beautiful looking experience will really shift a lot more copies. Keep up the great work!

10. KX0DW

KX0DW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

HRD is not in Fortran, WSJT's coding was originally done in Fortran as that is what the developer (K1JT: Nobel Prize Laureate & astrophysicist) was familiar with. The folks at HRD SoftwareLLC are taking the Fortran code and are converting it.

Fortran is still widely used in the scientific and engineering communities as well as on many supercomputers.

11. KK4CMC

KK4CMC Ham Member QRZ Page

Rick you guys need to add the Donner Interface to one of the interfaces HRD uses. Its very popular and they make interfaces for about all radios. And allot cheaper than buying a signal link or some other type of interfaces. Ya'll came along way since the beginning and good luck. Do think about the add on the interface though.

Thanks
    Robert

12. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

WriteLog has been doing that for many years. It has the ability to concatenate wav files in order to send sequential numbers and the other station's callsign. With careful editing of sound files and programming of function keys, I can almost operate a complete fone contest w/o having to use the microphone. I use Audacity to edit the sound files.

The MFJ-434 and W9XT's VK64 units don't deal with wav files from a PC (like WriteLog et al). They are standalone Digital Voice Keyers (DVKs), much like the W2IHY unit I built in the 1980s. They can be triggered by an external source such as a PC. The bad news is, you're stuck with only a handful of messages that don't allow you to concatenate sound files to build a sequential serial number or the other station's callsign.

A simple passive interface (that isolates PC and rig grounds) is all that's needed with a PC-based DVK.

vy 73,
    Bryan WA7PRC

13. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

they already do, they're just not put in by name. They are just standard serial and soundcard to radio interfaces that can be used with HRD

They should work right out-of-the-box

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  14. KF5GTX

KF5GTX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to see a JT65 and JT9 integration into HRD, as well as a few issues I see:
    1. If I log a contact and have to correct anything in the log afterwards, it puts in the current date/time instead of the date/time I originally logged.
    2. Logbook would have to be connected to the JT65/JT9 interface so it would log contacts for us.
    3. I noticed that the profiles are not saved when you fill in all the info for the main and guest profiles. That needs to be fixed so we don't have to enter the data every time we restart the program.

15. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just installed the new version on my laptop for demoing to the public at our FRYS OPERATING DAY coming up here the beginning of May. I need to renew the license, will look for U at the VISALIA DX Convention

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.