ad: Retevis-1

CQmaps - Professional Maps for Ham Radio - Grand Opening

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4EGA, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. N4EGA

N4EGA Ham Member QRZ Page

shopifyHeader.jpg
    CQmaps is excited to announce the Grand Opening of www.cqmaps.com!

CQmaps has combined a solid foundation of more than a decade of Geographic Information System (GIS) and cartography experience along with being a licensed Amateur Radio operator since 1992.

At CQmaps, you will find that all the maps offered have been drafted with the utmost care and precision gained from that decade of experience. CQmaps has designed each map to deliver the most accurate and up to date Amateur Radio specific information available. Never again will you have to settle for maps with fuzzy and misplaced boundaries and incorrect names.

As a fellow ham, I also understand that discerning hams want the best value for their money. We all know that Amateur Radio can be quite expensive. Not so at CQmaps. Costing a little more than what is currently available, you will receive a map of much higher quality that also includes personalized station information. All pricing is inclusive too! The price you see is the price you pay. No waiting until checkout to see what shipping and taxes will be.

At this time, you will enjoy a selection of four types of maps: Azimuthal Projection (Centered on your QTH), World Wide DX (with CQ Zones), US Call Sign Districts, and US Maidenhead. Many more maps for different countries are currently in development as well!

Each map made for you by CQmaps will contain your personalized station location information: Call sign, full name, Maidenhead Locator gridsquare, Latitude & Longitude, and time zone information.

Your map can be purchased as a digital copy on a CD-ROM or on a selection of high quality paper printed on a production quality Canon ipf8000 printer.

CQmaps is also happy to announce a Grand Opening Special: Until April 16th, you will receive a complimentary 19x13 US Call Sign Districts Map with any order. A $15.00 Value!

CQmaps is owned and operated by James Viars / N4EGA. Located in Powell, in the beautiful hills of East Tennessee.

AZMap_Slide.jpg

2. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks to be a great product James. We'll be ordering in near future. Best of luck sir!

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have added a link to your site in my new ARRL book on propagation.

4. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ordered! Those are Great!!

5. WB0OEW

WB0OEW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. N4EGA

Just wanted to thank everyone who read this post and stopped by cqmaps.com. I was absolutely suprised by the number of visitors and number of sales! I was expecting one or two sales this week and I hit 10 in one day. Thanks again!

N4EGA / CQmaps

7. KD7DCR

KD7DCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks great!
    Question: Do you know what a "compass rose" is?.. Can you "place one or more" on your maps, to help with visualizing beam headings? Could you place one over the stations' QTH when ordering? A useable sized one would be 3" dia on the small map, and maybe 4" to 5" dia on the larger ones.
    Can you "assign" a different color or shade to one or more of the Maidenhead grids? This might be very useful for those of us chasing the FFMA award on 6m.. You can see this done over on our Yahoo group site, under FFMA, it's in the files area, "most needed grids" - maps - 2014/15 dates.
    Good luck...get your laminator soonest...remember, you'll have to "roll and tube" those when finished to mail and that can cost more...FedEx makes a "triangle tube" that might work... 73, de Mel KD7DCR

8. K4THN

K4THN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just placed an order for US Call Sign Districts map.
    Their website set up is easy, and worked smoothly. Thanks!
    Gary K4THN

9. N4EGA

Thanks for the compliment! That was the main goal for website design. I wanted to ensure that all visitors could make a desicion quickly and get to the check out without much navigation.

10. K3IT

K3IT Ham Member QRZ Page

The CQMAPS has some interesting ideas. Congrats on starting a business!

at hamradiomap.com the focus is on making the price affordable, which means there is no customization. But you'd still get a top notch commercially printed product. Hopefully there will be some market left for it :)

11. N4EGA

Oh, I am sure there will be plenty of market! Lots of people out there with different wants or needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.