ad: CQMM-1

High Frequency Amateur Radio Youth Net

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AC8PI, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AC8PI

AC8PI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all, AC8PI here.

I am starting a HF youth net on twenty meters. The purpose is to serve as a meeting place for young hams on the hf bands, and to provide short contacts between people who have checked into the net.

After each person checks into the net, net control will go through the list and allow each person who wishes to make a call to someone else on frequency. They also have to option to allow somebody to call them if they so wish. Each qso will last at the maximum, about three minutes.

We encourage third party check-ins from ham who know young people who are interested in the hobby, younger family members, Technicians who do not have HF privileges, or any other young person you might know.

Please come and join us, to support youth in the hobby, and to spread interest and knowledge among young operators. And if you know of any young operators, please pass the word on. If you know a young ham who does not have hf capability, you might consider opening up your shack to allow him to join the net, and act as an elmer to them.

The net is on twenty meters between 14.320 and 14.330, at 2-3 PM EST. Please come and join us!

73, DE Justin AC8PI

2. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

What day(s)?

3. KK4NGD

KK4NGD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sunday afternoon.

Jackson KK4NGD

4. KG8CX

KG8CX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all, KG8CX here. I run the YACHT youth net every Sat. evening at 7pm CST on the W8PIF-R echolink repeater. Justin is one of our more active members. I recommend the HF net mentioned here. Promoting ham radio for youth is one of our goals. Anyone is welcome to check in. 73 de Ed

5. AC8PI

I am sorry, I meant to put that in. It is being held weekly on Sunday afternoons. I also had someone point out that I did not specify whether or not daylight savings time. This is on daylight savings time.

6. K0QEI

K0QEI Ham Member QRZ Page

What is yiur definition of young im 28 and in this hobby anything under 40 is young, also please pist in utc there may be dx that will want to check in and it will be easier for everyone to understand. Good luck

7. AC8PI

I don't know how to define young for the net. I guess I was thinking somewhere around twenty-three or so, but that by no means excludes you from checking in. We look forward to hearing you on.

In UTC, it is 18:00-19:00 hours.

Sorry for overlooking that,

73, AC8PI

8. AC8PI

Hey all, it seems 14.321 is working. It worked last week, and It seems a go for this week.

see you there.
    73, Justin AC8PI

9. KD8AQT

KD8AQT Ham Member QRZ Page

I must have missed you today. I was hoping to encourage my kids (both technicians) to join your youth net with me. Sounds like you are doing great things, Justin. Keep up the good work!

Rick
    KD8AQT
    RWVA.ORG

10. KF7PCL

I had no copy here on the West Coast.

11. KD9AKR

KD9AKR Ham Member QRZ Page

I missed it too. I will definitely check in if I catch it.

12. AC8PI

Thank you all for trying to join us. We had pretty strange conditions on twenty today. A guy in MO that usually comes in 59++ could barely be heard. I guess we will all have to try again next week.

13. KB3WBE

KB3WBE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I will check in from time to time.

Anyting to keep youse utes off da streets an outta da pool halls!;)

14. KF7PCL

Uhh..what's a pool hall?

15. KG8CX

KG8CX Ham Member QRZ Page

The HF youth net was organized by Justin AC8PI as an outgrawth of his membership in YACHT, Young Amateurs Communications Ham Team. We meet at 7pm CDST on Sat. on the W8PIF-R via echolink. All youth and anyone supporting youth in ham radio is welcome. Our membership currently comes from 24 states and 4 countries. I encourage everyone to check in to the HF net, and the echolink as well. Check out the YACHT webpage http://yachthams.webstarts.com/index.html Link also to the HF net. Thanks 73 de Ed KG8CX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.