ad: Sussex-1

K0OKZ Wesley Haley

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WB0KVV, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WB0KVV

WB0KVV Ham Member QRZ Page

I just spoke to the XYL Colleen. Wes died of colon cancer in 2010. His entry needs to be updated.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

I have edited his QRZ page to show he is Silent Key. I will also pass the Obituary to the ARRL so they can Honor his Memory as a Silent Key.

Wesley E. Haley, K0OKZ SK

SK July 26, 2012

Wesley "Wes" Earl Haley Obituary
    Date of Birth:
    Saturday, May 29th, 1943
    Date of Death:
    Thursday, July 26th, 2012
    Funeral Home:
    Murdoch Funeral Homes & Cremation Services
    www.murdochfuneralhome.com
    3855 Katz Drive
    Marion, Iowa, UNITED STATES
    Obituary:

Wes Haley, 69, of Marion, passed away peacefully with his family surrounding him, at his home, Thursday, July 26, 2012, after a nine year battle with cancer. The family will greet friends from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, July 29, 2012, at Murdoch Funeral Home & Cremation Center, Marion. A private family graveside service will be held: Dunkard Cemetery, rural Toddville.

Survivors include his wife, Colleen of Marion; sons, Stuart Haley of Ames, IA, Douglas Haley of Cedar Rapids, IA, and Michael Haley (Stacy Mann) of Bloomington, IL; and half-sister, Eunice Rutledge of Bogard, MO.

He was preceded in death by his parents; five half-brothers, Lloyd Lipe, Boyd Lipe, Darrel Lipe, Irvin Haley, and Roy Haley; four half-sisters, Melvina Campbell, Irene Bates, Madylon Pulverente, and Elizabeth Walker.

Wes was born May 29, 1943, in Ottumwa, Iowa, the son of Earl Wesley and Velvia (Corbin) Haley. He graduated from Ottumwa High School in 1961. Wes was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, having served during the Vietnam War in Southeast Asia. He married Colleen Hubler on December 27, 1969, in Marion. Wes was the owner/operator of Radio Communications Co. for 19 years and later retired from Rockwell Collins, where he was a radio operator and manager of Comm Central. He was a member of the Cedar Valley Amateur Radio Club (KØOKZ), and the Collins Amateur Radio Club. Wes also enjoyed photography, working outdoors, and astronomy. He was a deeply caring provider for whom family came first. He will be dearly missed by his family and friends.

Our family would like to extend our sincerest thanks to Dr. Chirantan Ghosh and the nurses and staff of St. Luke’s Hospice.

http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary/546590/Haley-Wesley.php

3. WB0KVV

WB0KVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Wes taught me CW at Lackland AFB in 1962 when we were both in crypto school there. We had a tone generator with a telegraph key. He was born in Ottumwa, Iowa just like I was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.