ad: CQMM-1

This Week's QRZ Subscriber Rewards Prize Winner

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Subscriber Rewards is our way of saying thanks our loyal subscribers upon whose support we humbly depend to keep the site running. Every week we are choosing a subscriber to win a free prize. All current QRZ subscribers are eligible, regardless of their subscription plan, and regardless of whether they are a US HAM or International. If your callsign page has a QRZ Subscriber badge, then you're eligible to win.

We will announce each week's new winner on our home page, in the Ham Radio News forum. We'll also keep you posted on Facebook and Twitter!

We've had winners from Pittsburg to Lichtenstein but today's lucky winner is from Sand Springs, OKlahoma. Roy Alexander, KK5EDD has won a brand new, in the box, Baofeng UV-5R Plus, dual band (144/440 Mhz) transceiver, complete with hands-free headset and a drop-in charger! This is a great little radio that is field programmable right from the keypad. It also includes a built-in flashlight as well as many great operating features. We hope you'll enjoy your prize, Roy!

Please join us in congratulating Roy and in wishing good luck to all other prospective QRZ Subscriber Rewards winners!

2. K9ILL

K9ILL Ham Member QRZ Page

congrats....Good luck on programing it. lol. software has a bug in it and only works the 1st time you use it. after that, the software will NEVER work again. i just bought 2 of these radios and 2 external mics with the software. their in my junk box. their toys.

3. 9W6EZ

9W6EZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When would be my lucky day?..

4. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

congrats !

5. W5MBH

W5MBH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats Roy - and, there is software out there that works with this radio. Enjoy !

6. N9ZMO

N9ZMO Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations.

7. KK4NAW

KK4NAW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations and W5MBH is right about the software working. One of these little jewels got me back into Ham radio. I have programmed mine several times with no issues. Enjoy it!

73, Brent

8. WA3ERQ

WA3ERQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations

Congratulations. I won the sweepstakes about 3 weeks ago and got my radio in about 7 days. Works great. I haven't programmed mine yet but I used CHIRP for my other Baofeng and it works great plus it's free. Good luck.

Jim
    WA3ERQ

9. N8QQE

N8QQE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats, Roy Alexander, KK5EDD... I was a winner several weeks ago. Once i figured out the programming, my HT works just fine and has had zero issues. Have fun with the radio hobby.

73, Will

10. KC1MAC

KC1MAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Ill pay the shipping if your junking them LOL

11. KD2HCE

KD2HCE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats also,
    With respect to the BF software, on mine, i just have to remember which group of ?????? is the tab for English .. then it works fine once I know what I'm clicking on. Chirp also works perfectly. I use both as a backup, just in case.

12. PD8B

PD8B Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats Roy

13. KD8HLY

KD8HLY Ham Member QRZ Page

It's easy to blame the radio for the shortcomings of the person doing the programming. I have 2 Baofeng radios,,got them to learn how to program different style rigs. The radios both work great !
    Enjoy your prize Roy ! 73 George

14. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

congrats and thanks for your support .

15. GM0FSV

GM0FSV Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats

Quit a fewof my friend's at the local radio club here in Central Scotland use this handy
    and find it a good buy. John GM0FSV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.