ad: Mountaingoat-1

Kenneth W. Boyd, K4DXA SK February 16, 2015

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

Kenneth W. Boyd, K4DXA SK

SK February 16, 2015

1fc805d7-d9cd-4f52-b496-dccd8190cd70.jpg

In Memory of
    Kenneth Westfield Boyd
    June 6, 1945 - February 16, 2015

Kenneth Westfield Boyd, 69, of Mint Hill, NC passed away February 16, 2015. Ken was born in Charlotte, NC on June 6, 1945. He was married to Beverly Bentz Boyd on February 14, 1998.

Ken graduated from Myers Park High School in 1963. He attended Clemson University before serving in the Air Force until 1969. He received an Associate's Degree in Business Administration from Kings College.

Ken worked for IBM for 32 years before retiring in 2002. He continued to work for them part time.

He was a member of St Andrew's Episcopal Church where he served on Vestry three times in fifteen years and served one term as Senior Warden.

He enjoyed Ham Radio his whole life from the time he was a teenager. He was also a member and president of the Carolina DX Association and was a member of W4BFB Mecklenburg Amateur Radio Club. He volunteered for the Red Cross, and operated the command and control, disaster relief vehicle. He volunteered at the Discovery Place Ham Radio Center for 17 years. He was also a Scout Master for Boy Scout Troop 275 in Indian Land, SC.

He was survived by wife Beverly Boyd, his sons Charles Westfield Boyd and wife Sarah, Brent Kenneth Boyd, Iain Peyton Boyd and wife Michelle, and his stepsons, Jesse Scott Bardyn and wife Carol, and James Michael Bardyn and fiancé Yuri Jaramillo, his grandchildren Gavyn Rheinherdt Boyd, Cayden Riley Boyd, Payton Reese Boyd, Devin Charles Boyd, William Dixon Boyd, Bailey Marguerite Boyd, Josiah Westfield Boyd, Hannah Lorraine Boyd, Isaac Ryle Boyd, and Sadler William Bardyn, brother Gary Moseley Boyd and sister Susan Derby Boyd and husband Michael.

The funeral will be held at 3:00 pm, February 21st, at St John's Episcopal Church, 1623 Carmel Rd, Charlotte, NC 28226, with a reception prior to the service at 1:30PM also at the church.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...enneth-Boyd&lc=2452&pid=174184265&mid=6328538

From Ken's QRZ page, here is his Bio.

First callsign in 1973 was wn4dqj as a Novice then upgraded to Advanced in 1975 Callsign Wa4unz until 10/20/98 vanity call K4DXA.
    Have been a Customer Engineer with IBM since 1969 after 4 years in the USAF and two years at Clemson U.
    I have 3 sons one is KC4HHS and wife Bev is KE4EHB. We live in Mint Hill, NC

More time for working DX since retiring from IBM in March of 2002. Installed a 70 Triex crankup tower with 2el 40m, 7el 6m,, and 10el Bencher Tribander.
    Rig now is Omnixii and Alpha 76pa, and Commander 1200 on 6mtrs. This new setup has finally allowed me to complete the quest for #1 Honor Roll, BS7 finished it. Also have been very active on 6mtrs and some wsjt. With 7el at 75ft and kw on that band.
    Worked BS7H for the last country in May 2007 and confirmed via LOTW for my last country now 351 and 340 current DXCC countries. Added TS-2000 for backup rig and going portable, Also have an FT857 that my Wife won several years ago at the CDXA Hamfest Dinner.
    Just now retiring as the W4 single letter QSL Bureau manager after 6 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.