ad: M2Ant-1

4x4 Roll Over During Mesh Network Project

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6QBM, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KI6QBM

KI6QBM Ham Member QRZ Page

The Land Ops teams were just completing our first mesh network connectivity operation
    when we ran across this freshly rolled 4x4 on Cuddeback Lake, California.

No one was injured. The recovery was swift.
    Watch the whole event unfold in this club video.

[video=youtube_share;wa57Enz6eUk]http://youtu.be/wa57Enz6eUk[/video]

2. KI6QBM

We used both Ubiquity and Linksys routers for this event. The further positions W3, W4, V3 and V4 were too far from our base to have connectivity.

3. WW4JF

WW4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This was an old aerial gunnery range. Went there often in the 70's and 80's to ride the dez on 2 wheelers. It used to be quite exciting when out on the dry lake and two or three fighters from nearby China Lake NAS would make a low pass over Cuddeback Ridge. Made you snort your brew.:p

4. WA2OLZ

WA2OLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I skimmed the video - very interesting. Question: were amateur radio frequencies in use? I may have missed it but never heard any callsign IDs. I saw it on the Jeep, but nothing on the air.

5. KI6QBM

You do not need to have call signs repeated when replaying video. Just when you are actually on the frequency.
    We always use our FCC call sign to end a transmission. This is part of our radio protocol at Land Ops which is enforced
    by Net control as well as other experienced operators. Much of the conversations including the ending of transmissions
    were edited out of the storyline. During most of our ops I record the entire net on a tascam to review later to insure adherence.
    There are some scenes where I did not edit the end calls out. Perhaps the part you skimmed over. Come out and enjoy the op
    if you wish. It's a lot of fun.

6. WA2OLZ

WA2OLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks - they must have been edited.

Jack
    WA2OLZ

7. KI6QBM

Next mesh network video at https://youtu.be/H40VjiRsfVM
    We conducted broadband connectivity exercise in the middle of the Mojave desert and on the Mojave road.

8. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

What a cool sport and thanks for the video.but I wonder, why doesn't everyone have yellow lights on their rook are?

9. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

What exactly does that mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.