ad: LZQSLprint-1

KG9ZG William (Bill) Early

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by G4PPK, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G4PPK

G4PPK Ham Member QRZ Page

Have just heard the sad news our dear friend Bill Early K9ZG has become silent Key in 2014. Bill Succumbed to Cancer. Our Love and Best Wishes to his XYL Karen WA9AEA. All our love. Clive and Marian G4PPK & G6GUD

2. G4PPK

K9ZG Bill Early (not KG9ZG)

Bill died 2nd April 2013 Rest in peace good friend and Gentleman. 73 de Clive

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

I found Bill's Obituary.

William ""Bill"" Biety Early, 66, of McHenry, died Tuesday, April 2, 2013, at home surrounded by family.

He was born Dec. 25, 1946, in Geneva, to Gordon Lauder and Margaret Elizabeth (Biety) Early.
    On April 12, 1980, he married Karen Louise Brooks at the Presbyterian Church in Wheaton.

When Bill graduated from Loyola, his first job was teaching history at Gordon Tech High School in Chicago, eventually becoming Dean of Students.
    Bill was a devoted husband and cherished time with his grandchildren. He was a senior roofing consultant who took pride in his job and was very active and took leadership roles in his professional organization, RCI, Inc.
    Bill loved animals and in one phase of his life he was the shelter manager for the Chicago Anti-Cruelty Society and served as a docent for the Lincoln Park Zoo.
    When he and Karen moved to McHenry, they became active volunteers with wildlife animal rescue, education and rehabilitation through the McHenry County Conservation District Wildlife Center and Wildlife In Need. Bill was licensed through the U.S. Federal Wildlife Service and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, which enabled him to keep and maintain several raptors for educational purposes.
    Bill also was very active in the McHenry County Emergency Management Association (EMA) and had volunteered since 2000. He served in many areas, starting as a radio/communications operator, then assisting with dive rescue, weather spotting and was particularly involved with search and rescue.
    Survivors include his wife of 33 years, Karen Early of McHenry; his children, Christopher (Janie) Early of Irrigon, Ore., and Josh (Elizabeth) Early of Iron Mountain, Mich.; five grandchildren, Liam, August, Mallory, Elizabeth and Joshua; his father, Gordon L. Early of Evanston; brothers and sisters, Robert (Traudel) Early of Watsonville, Calif., Margaret Blair of Bluffton, S.C., Catherine (Virginia) Early of Macomb and Carol (Brian) Cooney of Evanston; and numerous nieces and nephews and great-nieces and great-nephews.
    He was preceded in death by his mother, Margaret Biety Early; and brother-in-law, Donald Blair.
    The visitation will be from 11 a.m. until the funeral service at 1 p.m. Friday, April 12, at Colonial Funeral Home, 591 Ridgeview Drive, McHenry. Interment will be private. Memorials may be directed to McHenry County Emergency Management Association or the Wildlife Rescue organization of the donor's choice.
    For information, contact Colonial Funeral Home at 815-385-0063 or visit www.colonialmchenry.com.

Published in the Northwest Herald from Apr. 7 to Apr. 11, 2013 - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nw...pid=164078920&fhid=10770#sthash.pysIx344.dpuf

4. G4PPK

Thank you very much Lee. Karen sent us a belated Christmas card and told myself and wife that he had died peacefully. In 1984, I had the pleasure to visit Bill and Karen at their invitation in Chicago. In my first thread I put the call KG9ZG which was a finger typing error. Thank you for a copy of Bill's Obituary. You are so kind. Best 73 de Clive G4PPK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.