ad: wmr-1

QRZ Now Accepts LoTW Confirmations in QRZ Logbook

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N0AMT, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Announcing QRZ Logbook Reciprocal Confirmation Credit & LoTW Download

It is our absolute pleasure to announce that QRZ now recognizes confirmations from Logbook of the World in QRZ Logbook!

ALL users now have the ability to download their QSOs from LoTW directly into their QRZ Logbook.

The following apply:
    • QSO Insertion: QSOs that exist in LoTW, but not in QRZ Logbook, will be added to your QRZ Logbook.
    • Smart QSO-Logbook Sorting: LoTW supports previous callsign's QSOs in the same account. QRZ will automatically put QSOs into the associated logbook for the QSO callsign.
    • QSO Updating: All QSOs that exist in LoTW, whether new to QRZ or not, will have their LoTW QSL Received Date, as well as the LoTW Sent (Y/N) flag set in the QRZ Logbook
    • Confirmation credit: QSOs that are confirmed in LoTW, whether new to QRZ or not, will automatically be confirmed in your QRZ Logbook.
    • Duplicate Checking: Because some HAMs log multiple QSOs with the same person in a short period of time, QRZ defines a duplicate as a QSO with matching dates, bands, modes, callsigns, and time (to the minute) -- If those criteria match an existing record in your QRZ Logbook, the matching record will be updated instead of a new record being created.

NOTE: LoTW supports the "PHONE" mode, despite it being non-compliant with the ADIF specification. While processing your QSOs, those that have the PHONE mode will be automatically changed to an ADIF-compliant mode based on the band and frequency in question. When the process completes, any affected incoming QSOs will be listed in the report.

Not only will this improve your confirmation rates because you are receiving credit for your confirmations on LoTW, but it will also import records that exist on LoTW and not QRZ Logbook. Those QSOs may match another record on QRZ resulting in even more confirmations.

To begin downloading from LoTW, follow the simple instructions located: here.

73 from all of the QRZ Staff!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. M0TTB

M0TTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Great news, and all seems to work here as far as downloading from lotw.
    Nice work qrz tech team!

edit, I'd like to know why Saudi Arabia/Iraq Neutral zone is in the current list on qrz, and Northern Cyprus and Kosovo are odd non dxcc ones as well.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  3. EA8KW

EA8KW Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonderful!.

It's clear that QRZ.com is the reference website for many HAMs when looking for information about others. It's nice to hear that LoTW, a very important log service, has recognized it and now there is some kind of integration between them.

This is the correct way to go!.

4. N5OCO

N5OCO Ham Member QRZ Page

What a great feature. Thanks Zed staff!

5. NB3R

NB3R Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great feature. Added another 14,000 confirmations to my QRZ log.

The user interface is very easy to use. LoTW should be so clean and easy to use.

Thanks

6. KC4TVZ

KC4TVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Alex,
    Wow...! 12,200 new records added to my QRZ Logbook from LoTW, 8,173 confirmations...Only 1 error that was a DUPE.

The most important part is that missing confirmed State for QRZ Worked all United States award on Digital is now confirmed.

Great job Alex, Thanks!

73 KC4TVZ Todd

7. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does not work for me. My default log book iin QRZ is xe2/n6kzb.
    Despite the correct p12 file and login info, it wants to download ALL from LoTW, all my accounts and put them into the n6kzb log book.
    I have even deleted n6kzb log book, and still no go. So won't be able to use this service to help others confirm.
    I have no xe2/n6kzb info from LoTw via QRZ service.
    Perhaps this will get corrected in the future, thanks.

8. VA3RKO

VA3RKO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank You - Great product!!!

9. WF3J

WF3J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I got 4204 errors, and they are all the entries I had from my previous call sign that changed in August 2013. How do I get those corrected?

10. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope the QRZ servers have enough GB space for this one ....
    I.T. guy, good luck, and hope your system never crashes.
    BOBERT

11. VE3TMG

VE3TMG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great job guys,I just downloaded my log files from LOTW with no problems.I now can apply for the QRZ Awards.
    73 Terry

12. N1FV

N1FV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for integrating this!
    I seem to be getting some odd behavior though.
    I have triple play through ARRL but when I went to apply for the QRZ award it showed me missing MT on CW after I had imported all of my QSO/QSLs from LoTW.
    When I looked it up! My MT contact was from W1AW/7 and lists the grid as EM17 which is not what it shows in LoTW.

13. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Thanks for this, I have a lot more confirmed on LOTW than QRZ. :)

Awesome.

73 K2HAT Lee

14. DL1RAE

DL1RAE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    and many thanks. It works very easy.

de Emil,
    DL1RAE

15. N9ZMO

N9ZMO Ham Member QRZ Page

A great feature. Makes it simpler to get the contact log onto QRZ without having to do log exports and imports separately for this. Kudos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.