ad: elecraft

EchoTime TTS for EchoLink

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KH2D, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

The new version of EchoTime, which uses the Microsoft Text To Speech engine has been released and is available for downloading on my web site, at:

http://kh2d.net/software/echotime

EchoTime is an add on program for EchoLink, and adds additional features that someone using EchoLink on a repeater or link radio may find useful. It will not work with EchoLink in the computer user mode. EchoTime is freeware.

The TTS version of EchoTime has a number of new features, including real time weather conditions/reports that are automatically compiled from the internet.

EchoTime TTS has been tested by a number of people for the last few weeks and is very stable.

There is also a discussion/support group for EchoTime at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/echotime/

73, Jim KH2D

2. KF4VGX

KF4VGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Had the pleasure of exchanging email with Jim.

This software is a must ,if your using Echolink.
    What a great way to inform the Ham community with weather updates and more . [​IMG]

3. kc4wms

kc4wms Ham Member QRZ Page

why bother having a ham ticket? just join the ranks of computer geeks... let software do everything for you. another home "Appliance".

4. KF4VGX

KF4VGX Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kc4wms @ July 30 2004,15:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why bother having a ham ticket? just join the ranks of computer geeks... let software do everything for you. another home "Appliance".[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I guess todays radios don't have chips and such in em [​IMG] .
    Or repeaters don't use programed chips in the controller's etc

But your right lets get rid of any thing with a chip in it and go back to tubes [​IMG]

5. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lets talk time....

I have run Echolink /ilink / for over 2 years now...

I have been running Echotime...
    the first version with the woman's voice which is very natural sounding...

We all find it to be a very well done... and very useful addition.. to echolink.. and our repeater..... Its cool to hear the time announced over the repeater with frequent messages about hamfests or whatever from our own created wav files...Which give it a very personal touch! Warm and local flavor...

ECHOTIME version 1.. has a place to use wav files and was pretty cool for repeater announcements for local club meetings etc.. Hamfest reminder etc...on the 1/4 1/2 and on the hour to play... I really love the first version...

Then the author went and changed everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    in the 2nd version of ECHOTIME...
    and took away all the really cool features...
    the woman's voice was gone
    playing wav files was gone...for announcements .. forced to use a crappy msn text voice...
    and the author made it twice as hard to understand the time..with a MSN generated males voice...sounding engine...
    HORRIBLE sounding! Did i mention HORRIBLE audio..
    the voice sounds like a robot on crack underwater....

I run the first version faithfully...
    the 2nd can burn up into ham history
    as a good idea not a real solution... for real repeater owners
    who are serious about a real announcement program...

((( IDEA FOR AUTHOR )))

1...BRING BACK THE LADY!
    2...BRING BACK WAV FILES SCHEDULED WITH ECHO TIME..version 1 wav...announcements  
    3... HOW ABOUT A FILE FOR WEATHER STATIONS TO DUMP TEMP etc...
    4....A ALERT FROM NWS PLAYING FROM A EXTERNAL RCVER announcement for fowl weather..
    5... BRING BACK THE LADY!!!
    6...BRING BACK THE LADY!!!
    7...BRING BACK THE LADY!!!

Keep trying Krusty!
    We are all behind you!!

--
    Evil only survives when Good Men step back and do nothing!

[​IMG]

6. W5NL

W5NL Ham Member QRZ Page

Where can I find a copy of version 1? I have downloaded v2 but I will not put it on the repeater. de n5blm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.