ad: k1jek

Repeaterbook for the whole world -- Announced today!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD6KPC, Dec 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD6KPC

KD6KPC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Capture.JPG

Merry Christmas on behalf of all of us at Repeaterbook.com.

We just unwrapped a Christmas gift to all of you right on our home page. Now, you can search for repeaters across the whole world! Countries in blue are where we have repeaters listed.

Stop by and give it a try.

Joy to the world, and happy new year!

Garrett, KD6KPC
    Site Owner - Repeaterbook.com

2. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like all of us QRZ'ers crashed your site :) 508 resource limit reached error now............

3. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup, your site no ticky, perhaps North K:porea, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

4. WW7F

WW7F Guest

Just tried the link and no luck here either,guess maybe some country is peeved about a certain movie, or just plain too many people online with their new computers or Ipads:),73,Michelle

5. KD6KPC

KD6KPC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, we are getting hammered. All of that and Christmas weekend is always high traffic.

We are working with the hosting company to up the ERP!

Garrett, KD6KPC

6. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

DOA, reboot...

7. N8FM

N8FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.repeaterbook.com. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

8. LZ1COM

LZ1COM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I see Bulgaria is in red color on your map.
    I installed your Android app and it does have many repeaters in Bulgaria...

73 and Merry Christmas!
    LZ1COM

9. WA1MZL

WA1MZL Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked Great for me!

10. N0NCQ

N0NCQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Not one repeater directory on this plant is accurate. Months ago I dissected several well known directory's and the result was devastating. What a shame, no one puts 100% effort in this task, but we, the HAM-radio operators have to pay for some of these "well known directory's". Here we are again, it's all about money. If a phone book is 99% accurate, why are all repeater directory's I took up-part are only 75% right - in other words, close to useless.
    73'

11. N8MSA

N8MSA Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe most of them are not completely accurate because they are, for the most part, volunteer efforts. And also because, even in this day and age, many repeaters owners don't want their repeaters listed in any directory.

Perhaps, in an effort to avoid being "devastated" in the future by something so trivial, you should develop your own repeater directory...

12. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just checked it out it seem like a nice little website

13. KD2EOM

KD2EOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool! Hope everyone had a great Christmas - I certainly did! Have a Happy New Year

14. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

Repeaterbook.com is free!

Although I could see why it is would be frustrating, the volunteers are doing the best they can.

The phone book has the phone companies which actively monitor and track everything. Repeaters are much less
    coordinated so if a repeater owner shuts down, moves or changes frequency of a repeater, the only way for the directory
    to be updated is if the owner or somebody else updates the directory.

15. N9TES

N9TES Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been contributing to repeaterbook.com for awhile. It's free. If you find an error you can submit the correction yourself.

Rick, N9TES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.