ad: M2Ant-1

CQ WW 2 band entry?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by ZS6DX, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. ZS6DX

ZS6DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Everyone!

I have had a hard look at the CQ WW rules but I cannot figure out if you can have 2 single band entries, from the same operator, in the same contest. What I was thinking was maybe do a single band entry, lets say 10 or 15m, but when propagation drops on the chosen band you change over to 40 or 80m and make some contacts there.

Then at the end of the contest you submit 2 logs, one with lets say 15m in the cabrillo header and one with 40m in the header. I understand that according to the rules both logs would need to be complete logs containing the other band's contacts as well but I cannot find a rule that says you cannot do this.

Any advice?
    Thanks, see you in the contest!
    73, Rudi de ZS6Dx/V51VE

2. N2SR

N2SR Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope. At one physical station, you may have 6 single band entries - under different calls. But you cannot have more than 1 single band entry under the same call.

3. ZS6DX

ZS6DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, yes, I just had confirmation of this from the man himself, Randy Thompson, K5ZD, Director - CQ WW DX Contest!

He confirmed that I need to use 2 call signs, and that is what I will do!

Thanks Randy, your reply was amazingly fast!

73 everyone, see you in the contest! Time for me to try and get a bit of rest.....

Rudi de ZS6DX and ZS/V51VE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.