ad: Retevis-1

Help with calculating my score for swees

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N0AKF, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N0AKF

N0AKF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi - This is my first time actually keeping track in a contest. I am confused on the final score for me. I worked 100 stations. I was only able to get all states in on section (section 6). So how do I figure my final score? THANK YOU in advance!

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Easy. Each valid QSO* is worth 2 points.
    Score = QSOs x 2 x Sections.

The WA7BNM Contest Calendar has links to the various contests, where you'll find detailed rules.

* Duplicates don't count. QSOs outside of the 83 ARRL Sections don't count. Only completed QSOs count.

vy 73,
    Bryan WA7PRC

3. N0AKF

Thanks! The "sections" is where I am confused - so I take my 100 x 2 x the 1 section I worked?

4. N0AKF

DUH I GOT IT! Guess I had a brain fart :)

5. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

You almost certainly worked stations in more than one section....You're in Iowa and I would be shocked if you worked 100 stations in Iowa only....

6. N0AKF

My brain fart was I for some reason thought a "section" was the call area the state was listed under :( It dawned on my last night - "idiot.....a section is a state/region". I got it. A whole whopping 9090 points. 101 contacts and 45 sections :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.