ad: Alphaant-1

Bill-W3DUQ now a Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W3GMS, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3GMS

W3GMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to report that a great long time friend Bill-W3DUQ has become a Silent Key. Bill to me will be remembered as a true innovator. He was always pushing technology within Amateur Radio and other areas. When he got to the point where things worked, he moved onto a new project. Bill was one of first big signals I heard on the air when I was a SWL back in 1964. When I got my license in 1966 I then could talk to this legend on the air!

William L. Nagle, 74 years, of Honey Brook, passed away on Friday, Nov. 7, 2014 at the Brandywine Hospital, following an illness.

He was born in Philadelphia on April 24, 1940 and was the son of the late Paul and Freda Nagle. William was a computer engineer with Carter Mason of Malvern. He enjoyed computers and being a ham radio operator.

Surviving is a step grandson, Mick Risbon, a sister, Sandy Reid of FL, two nieces, Lisa Bonaduce and Sharon Less both of PA and a nephew, Shawn Reidenbach of FL. Also by eight great nieces and nephews and a great-great niece

Funeral service and interment will be private at the convenience of the family.

Joe - W3GMS

2. N2QEI

N2QEI Ham Member QRZ Page

So sad to hear this, used to enjoy talking to him back in the day on the future net, and he always seemed to have a way to make you feel wanted in ham radio. Rip uncle Willey....

3. KB3EE

KB3EE Ham Member QRZ Page

I also heard this gentleman on my short wave receiver during the mid 1960s. His signal was very strong here in Hanover, Pa. His call sign stuck in my head all these years. I wasn't licensed until 1978 and I never had the pleasure to work him. I just remembered the call sign and looked him up once in awhile on QRZ.com. I just did that again and saw that he was recently listed as a Silent Key. It made me feel sad and I am reflecting on those days I heard that voice booming in on my Zenith portable receiver. Phil KB3EE

4. W1RV

W1RV Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad to hear ...Bill use to check into the *former* ARUFON (Amateur Radio UFO Net) net quite often. He was a terrific guy and will be missed by all. His passing is on the heels of another passing of an extremely knowledgeable and well like ham; Bill Diggs WB9NLI :( Both Bills knew each other over many years ...

Rich - W1RV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.