ad: chuckmartin

Extra Elmer Net meets on EchoLink Monday evenings at 0200Z

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KB6NU, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB6NU

KB6NU Ham Member QRZ Page

A while back, I proposed on my blog that we begin having short classes on EchoLink addressing topics on the Extra Class test. After getting a couple of e-mails from interested folks, I decided to just go ahead and hold one on the W8UM repeater (W8UM-R on EchoLink). We had several checkins, and in general, I think it went very well. We discussed the questions in section E9A of the question pool.

We have had several sessions now, and while it’s going pretty well, I’d love to get more people to check in. If you're close to Ann Arbor, MI, you can check in directly by accessing the W8UM repeater on 145.23 MHz. If not, you can join us by connecting to node W8UM-R via EchoLink. The net meets at 9pm Eastern time or 0200Z. To get on an e-mail list to receive weekly reminders about the net, send me your e-mail address.

Tonight, I plan to discuss questions from section E4A: Test equipment: analog and digital instruments; spectrum and network analyzers; antenna analyzers; oscilloscopes; testing transistors; RF measurements.

73, Dan KB6NU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.